My Windows phone 8.1 drops wifi connection when it detects it has no internet connection, why?

foxtwo1811

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Windows phone 8.1 drops wifi connection when it detects It has no internet connection

I own a Lumia 735 with the Denim firmware.
At home I use my wireless router to connect my phone to the internet and the Windows phone option ?Connect automatically ? is enabled for my home wireless network connection. When, for some reasons, my adsl internet connection goes down, the phone detects that it has no internet connection and drops the Wi-Fi network connection. I think It does so in order to use the cellular data network, that is in order to keep the phone Internet connected. The problem is that the Wi-Fi network connection, once dropped, is never established again even if the adsl internet connection is later restored. The only way to restore the Wi-Fi connection is to manually connect the phone to my home wireless network. I noticed that because one morning, when I woke up, my phone was not connected to my wireless network and during the night my adsl internet connection dropped. I made also some tests to confirm that that was the case manually unplugging the adsl wire from my router and the behavior is consistent, that is the phone does not connect to a known Wi-Fi network if it detects it has no internet connection or drops the connection if, later, it detects that the internet connection is down.
There are two obvious consequences:
1) In the above case the cellular data is consumed more than expected
2) The wireless network connection is never restored unless I manually do that

So, how can I force the Wi-Fi network connection to stay on even if the adsl internet connection goes down?
If it is not possible to keep a Wi-Fi connection with no internet connection, how can I force windows phone to try to reconnect to a known Wi-Fi network every certain amount of time until it detects that the internet connection is restored?

Thanks for any help
Best regards

foxtwo1811

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows phone 8.1 drops wifi connection when it detects It has no internet connection

I have only made some attempts and the problem seems to have been fixed with the last OS update; my OS revision is 8.10.14219.341. The firmware revision number is 02177.00000.15184.36004

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel