Future of the Windows Phone

anon(5061193)

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I have somewhat of an open-ended question. I am a cell phone fanatic. I love them all for various reasons and I love the many choices that we all have these days... I know that this is a Windows Forum, but I would like to hear what you all have to say about the future of the WIndows phone in general.

I know that you love it (or you wouldn't be here)...

It is a great device, but it hardly seems that anyone has one. IOS and Android seem to be about 99.99 % of the market... and Blackberry and Windows hardly make a dent.

Is Microsoft committed to keeping it going? Has the market share grown at all over the last few years? What does the future look like for them?

One of my phones is an M8 and I also have the Blu Win HD and I also have a Surface Pro 3 which I love....So I am just a concerned fan!

Thanks

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Maybe you'd like to wait 4-5 hours and then see what Microsoft say at the Windows 10 event today....

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Today, there is actually going to be some talk of the future of Windows Phone, as Microsoft is bringing journalists in to discuss Windows 10. Microsoft has brought Windows Phone into the same development team as Windows, so there is a practical convergence of the two platforms. We don't know exactly what this means yet, we may find out some of it today. But to answer your question, yes, Microsoft is still committed to this platform, and they are still developing major updates to the OS.

Look around, and you will find lots of threads discussing rumors, hopes, and wild speculation to pass the time until Microsoft formally announces the information.

mohit khubchandani

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
the future of windows phones will be decided in a few hours by windows 10 for phones,i feel that lesser no of people use windows phone because there are some people who are afraid of change and are not ready to switch platforms also some people follow the market trend without even checking or thinking about it,they just buy android because everybody is using it.i personally dont recommend a windows phone(high end) because of the app gap because if u pay that much amount u should not miss anything

anon(5061193)

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
the future of windows phones will be decided in a few hours by windows 10 for phones,i feel that lesser no of people use windows phone because there are some people who are afraid of change and are not ready to switch platforms also some people follow the market trend without even checking or thinking about it,they just buy android because everybody is using it.i personally dont recommend a windows phone(high end) because of the app gap because if u pay that much amount u should not miss anything

The app gap is a problem, but I can hardly say that anything that I have to do on my phone is not readily available for my windows phone.... I think that the "fashion element" is huge... Whenever I show someone my M8 they are very impressed.... Having said that, my IPhone 6+ is still my daily driver

arvinf11

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
I have had Blackberry, iPhone, and Android. Now, I am on a Windows phone. It is much faster, especially on startup, much more advanced, and makes much more sense than the other ones. I am waiting for the new flagship. I believe if they improve the app store, people who use it would like and switch to it. It is far more advance, specially Corona and live tiles It just makes much more sense..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium