Email - how to 'select all' messages for deletion?

nadroj915

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I am inside storage sense and notice that Email & Messaging is taking up over 600 MB on my phone. I would like to be able to go into one of my email accounts and SELECT ALL messages for deletion. However, it appears I can only select one at a time by clicking the check box next to each and every single message. This seems to be a tedious task. Is there no way to select all messages? Am I only able to select them individually?

I'm using a Lumia 925 running WP 8.1.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think it is a safety feature so that you won't blame Windows Phone when your bulk erase deleted that important communication.

In messaging, you can delete whole conversations. I usually keep things tidy in there on an ongoing basis.

In email, I practice trimming out the fat daily on my phone and in my PC browser. It's good to get in the habit of doing some spring cleaning every now and then as well. I recently threw out everything older than 2014 in my email boxes. Every day I throw out fluff. On my Phone I only download the past 7 days. I never needed more than that. If your business needs require longer, you really could benefit by ongoing grooming, IMHO.

mj0

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
nadroj915: You do realize that depending on the setup of your phone this might result in you deleting all your mails for good. Not just on your phone but everywhere. Forever.

Last edited:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
what a shame! such a simple feature is missing! a bit disappointed with Windows Phone here

I don't use Gmail but I have used Androids. There is no "select all" in the Android Exchange email client and certainly none in iOS. I haven't seen that feature since WinMo and PalmOS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6