Please read for a moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

krcndn

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Do you often feel that you are being neglected by Developers like Google , Facebook , Twitter , Instragam , SnapChat and many more ?Are we not being discriminated‬ ?

Benito Sifuentes

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Do you often feel that you are being neglected by Developers like Google , Facebook , Twitter , Instragam , SnapChat and many more ?Are we not being discriminated‬ ?

Yes... But it's all business when it comes to companies like that... I work as a software developer and most of the time mobile app talk is strictly for ios and Android because they are the majority of the market out there... It's sad

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Do you ever feel, like a plastic bag?

(it's not discrimination, unless there's some shady stuff going on, its business. we aren't a big market, so we don't get as much developer love, same for Blackberry if its any consolation. its the same on PC's with Linux and Mac OS. if you have limited resources, you'd target Windows to reach the most people.)

krcndn

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Do you ever feel, like a plastic bag?

(it's not discrimination, unless there's some shady stuff going on, its business. we aren't a big market, so we don't get as much developer love, same for Blackberry if its any consolation. its the same on PC's with Linux and Mac OS. if you have limited resources, you'd target Windows to reach the most people.)

krcndn

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Yes... But it's all business when it comes to companies like that... I work as a software developer and most of the time mobile app talk is strictly for ios and Android because they are the majority of the market out there... It's sad

They said we are a small base of user while we are having a not so small base with more than 600,000 apps. Strategy Analytics has awarded Microsoft 11.3 million Windows Phones shipped in Q4 2014, for a total of 38.8 million handsets shipped for 2014. So tell me?. Are we that ‪#‎SMALL‬ ?

alex athanasopoulos

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
For google as a developer (and I general) I couldn't care less. But in general that is how market works. I know it sucks but in the end is all about money.

But as long as wp is continued and it offers me what I need, I will stay. If something terrible happens, I wont know what OS to use (don't like IOS and android is Google)

krcndn

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
For google as a developer (and I general) I couldn't care less. But in general that is how market works. I know it sucks but in the end is all about money.

But as long as wp is continued and it offers me what I need, I will stay. If something terrible happens, I wont know what OS to use (don't like IOS and android is Google)

Its not abt business..bcs MSFT is damn SOFTWARE BASED COMPANY AND THEY CARE FOR USERS UNLIKE IOS AND ANDROID

matt john2

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
They said we are a small base of user while we are having a not so small base with more than 600,000 apps. Strategy Analytics has awarded Microsoft 11.3 million Windows Phones shipped in Q4 2014, for a total of 38.8 million handsets shipped for 2014. So tell me?. Are we that ‪#‎SMALL‬ ?

Unfortunately we are WP is still not that popular. WP is not so exciting OS yet that's why its more on loosing than gaining traction, some users may say "WP is still a young os" geez its already 2015 man. Unlike Microsoft, Apple and Google are prioritizing their mobile division and its development . And unlike WP, android OEMs are competing with each other on best specs this will then attract more consumers, Apple on the other hand are more on aesthetics and designs, so what about Microsoft? Sure they can do better but they have bigger things to do that's why the development of the OS is small. Consumers wants the best but WP dont offer much yet, some popular apps are being pulled out because of low market this would also cause losing more consumers.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Retweet this tweet and helps to reach this to MS #discrimination @joebelfiore @Lumia https://t.co/2p9xlhJeBN

https://twitter.com/Hashib_Hawa/status/561577630429106176

Don't, you're being rude and demanding.
Yes, we are SMALL. Millions of units moved is no small feat, but the mobile market is so much larger than us.
While development, or lack of, can be malice sometimes, (since Google doesn't like us) it is more a matter of numbers. Businesses aren't charities, they work based on things like Return-On-Investment. If our userbase is large enough for someone to look at us and think, "it'll be worthwhile to make an app!" that'd be great. If not, oh well its cold hard reality. If I developed an application for the major platforms (BB, iOS, Windows Phone, Android) and two-three people were screaming at me to support Palm OS, calling me racist and how they deserve an app for that OS, that doesn't reflect well on them.

while its possible for someone to have an anti-Microsoft vendetta, its not "racism." Blackberry has the same issue we do. webOS had the same issue we do. Android users were once crying for Instagram.
Its the same on desktop, gaming on Linux is something some people prefer and want games on. Windows is the go-to platform for programs because its the most popular.
We don't "deserve" it, developers don't owe us anything. Piracy may be almost unheard of, but do we have the sheer size to make the purchases worthwhile? Android may have easy piracy, but it isn't deterring many from making money anyway from the people who do buy.

Not saying to roll over and wait for Windows Phone to die, but be polite and professional. asking "what type of **** is that?" and crying racism wont help your cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3