app storage keeps growing?

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I seem to keep battling the app storage space on my 1520. It's the AT&T variant that was crippled with 16 GB of storage. Right now I have 3.45 GB used for apps which leaves nothing much left after system (9.34 GB) and a small amount of email. Temp and other show 0 bytes used. All media goes to the SD card.

I moved over several large apps to the SD card and cleared nearly a GB of space. However, without installing anything new the phone ran out of storage again. It's looking to me like the app storage just isn't adding up correctly.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
That is odd. I thought that bug had been fixed but I never had the issue before either. It cleared up about 1GB of space.

I'm not sure why my temp files would be growing like that.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
That is odd. I thought that bug had been fixed but I never had the issue before either. It cleared up about 1GB of space.

I'm not sure why my temp files would be growing like that.

It could be files the apps are storing as well. If you have been playing games, save files will add up, if you are listening to Audio books with Audible, the book will be stored with the app etc. Adding new apps is not the only way new files get created on the drive. Each app will add files over time as you save, change, download stuff within the apps. Pandora will store files temp. for buffered songs, Spotify if you download songs for offline play etc It will not show as temp files because its part of the app.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
If I were doing any of those things I would suspect that. However, there has been very little to no streaming of any content on my device. At least nothing that should be that significant.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
It seems to be my system files that are growing. The system storage has taken an additional 1 gb of space since I posted this and I'm out of storage again. Clearing the temporary files freed up 20 MB of data.

I haven't had any system updates since either. I'm on an AT&T 1520 so no denim or WP10.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2