Why can't we turn live tiles off?

Matt Addy

May 29, 2014
Visit site
In the PC version of 8.1 we can select a tile and turn the live tile feature off. So my question is why is this feature missing from phones? And could this possibly be making an appearance in 10 for phones?

Matt Addy

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I have never been an android user and never will be. I love most of my live tiles but there are a couple which I would prefer just stay as one image. Take for example temple run 2 it is fine when showing the main tile but once it switches to any other tile it instantly become quite unrecognizable which for someone like me who has about 50 games installed on my phone makes it really hard to find that one game. I know live tiles are apart of the OS and I hope they never leave I just want the option to turn any select live tile off.

Matt Addy

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I find it quite stupid that you think I'm am android fan boy just because I want the option to turn of a feature. Glance screen is also a feature that I turned off but I'm still no closer to owning an android device.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Because it isn't on the to-do list I guess.

And that they're not called dead tiles. (i jest)

You can get apps like Start Perfect to pin tiles of apps that wont be live.

EndOfRope

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
A workaround is to turn off the permission of app execution while the app is not running. So the live tile is not refreshed with new data. I have done so to reduce data usage.
Also you can try to put several apps into a folder, mybe it looks better that way.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I know this :p but very few apps have this option

The one App you mentioned, I've never used. I'm sorry I have no way of knowing if you investigated this option or not as none of your posts mention it... And it's also a sort of general comment for any future readers of the thread with a similar issue...

Thanks for the reply to let me know you already looked into that setting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro