hello. im fairly new to wp, had one a little while back but it didnt stay for long and have just got another.

i have found that constantly i get the incredibly frustrating "Sorry, but we can't send this app to your phone at the moment" message practically every time i try to install something via the web store. i really am fast approaching my tolerance threshold with this. i have never, ever had a problem with the equivalent on android. so just what the hell is going on?

the phone has a data connection, wifi, so there is no reason for in not connecting that i can see. can anyone help with issue?

oh and is there any way to turn of the almost as annoying email they send you everytime it fails?
    02-08-2015 06:09 AM
    just asking: where do you download your apps from?
    02-08-2015 06:13 AM
    in settings there is find my phone menu-there you have option called-always use push notifications to send commands and apps to my phone.make sure its ticked
    Harrie-S and xandros9 like this.
    02-08-2015 06:16 AM
    if you open the windowsphone app store in pc then you'll get option to install the app.then it'll send the app to your mobile directly.although your phone need to be connected to wifi
    02-08-2015 06:18 AM
    hello. im fairly new to wp, had one a little while back but it didnt stay for long and have just got another.

i have found that constantly i get the incredibly frustrating "Sorry, but we can't send this app to your phone at the moment" message practically every time i try to install something via the web store. i really am fast approaching my tolerance threshold with this. i have never, ever had a problem with the equivalent on android. so just what the hell is going on?

the phone has a data connection, wifi, so there is no reason for in not connecting that i can see. can anyone help with issue?

oh and is there any way to turn of the almost as annoying email they send you everytime it fails?

Turn on location and make sure you have enabled "always use push notifications to send apps and command to my phone" .
    This option can be found under find my phone settings.
    02-08-2015 06:21 AM
    the microsoft store, as in Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom)

in settings there is find my phone menu-there you have option called-always use push notifications to send commands and apps to my phone.make sure its ticked
    i have

if you open the windowsphone app store in pc then you'll get option to install the app.then it'll send the app to your mobile directly.although your phone need to be connected to wifi
    no, i realise it should but it doesnt most of the time

Turn on location and make sure you have enabled "always use push notifications to send apps and command to my phone" .
    This option can be found under find my phone settings.
    yes, i have but its still happeneing.
    02-08-2015 07:14 AM
    the microsoft store, as in Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom)

i have

no, i realise it should but it doesnt most of the time

yes, i have but its still happeneing.
    I am just curious, why do you install apps through the web store? why not going from the store from your phone?
    And I am guessing that Region on your phone is put to English United Kingdom, right? I have the same problem too, but i don't care that much cuz i rarely almost never do this method of installing apps on my phone, I just simple .... install them from the store on my phone. :) It is strange tho, that after all other guys above said to you to be turned on to be able to do this method, you still have the same problem. That is strange indeed.
    02-08-2015 07:52 AM
    I am just curious, why do you install apps through the web store? why not going from the store from your phone?
    And I am guessing that Region on your phone is put to English United Kingdom, right? I have the same problem too, but i don't care that much cuz i rarely almost never do this method of installing apps on my phone, I just simple .... install them from the store on my phone. :) It is strange tho, that after all other guys above said to you to be turned on to be able to do this method, you still have the same problem. That is strange indeed.
    well yes my region is set to UK. i dont however remember this being such a problem back when i had the 635. while yes installing form the phone works fine its not sa handy when im sat in front of a 24 inch screen and am browing opps or searching to find something but not searching for a specific app i know the name of. i dont see why it doesnt work perfectly as it does with android. or indeed why it used to work much better.
    02-08-2015 08:01 AM
    Only thing I can add is make sure your phone is unlocked...it's the only way I can install from the web.
    02-08-2015 08:04 AM
    I recently experienced this exact same issue while trying to install the Windows Insider app. No amount of searching the built in app store would reveal the app, even searching on "Windows Insider". So I went to the web store and attempted to install it but got the same error message as the OP. I did however get an email with a link which allowed the built in app store to take over and complete the installation. I don't know why this particular time was so difficult, I normally don't have any issues whatsoever installing apps.
    02-08-2015 08:12 AM
    Only thing I can add is make sure your phone is unlocked...it's the only way I can install from the web.
    That actually make sense, I have unlocked Lumia 635, at the moment i am at work, so I'll try this when i get home and will report it here.
    02-08-2015 08:14 AM
    For clarity, I mean unlocked as in "hit button, slide up to get Start Screen", not unlocked in the phone carrier sense.
    xandros9 likes this.
    02-08-2015 08:21 AM
    well yes my region is set to UK. i dont however remember this being such a problem back when i had the 635. while yes installing form the phone works fine its not sa handy when im sat in front of a 24 inch screen and am browing opps or searching to find something but not searching for a specific app i know the name of. i dont see why it doesnt work perfectly as it does with android. or indeed why it used to work much better.
    Yes, indeed, Browsing apps on big screen is better and i do the same, and once I see what i want, i just click the app store on my phone and find the app and install it. It is faster that way :) But you are right, it is less hustle if you just find the app and just click the dark gray button Install and you got the notification right away on your phone. There must be some explanation, will search Ms forums about this.
    02-08-2015 08:22 AM
    For clarity, I mean unlocked as in "hit button, slide up to get Start Screen", not unlocked in the phone carrier sense.
    Well, that really doesn't make sense then, lol. I tryied this method and Region on my phone matched the Web store, the location was on, the push notifications were on and i kept my phone turned on my start screen (not unlocked) and i still got the problem. I couldn't get the notification, but instead it sends me an email with the link and i got the email instantly and just click the link there and got the app. :)
    02-08-2015 08:25 AM
    I get the same problem 100% of the time when I'm at work. Are you by chance behind a firewall or proxy on your wifi? The service needs to be able to "contact" your phone directly, or it will fail.
    02-08-2015 11:27 AM
    I get the same problem 100% of the time when I'm at work. Are you by chance behind a firewall or proxy on your wifi? The service needs to be able to "contact" your phone directly, or it will fail.
    Aha! That may be what my issue was. I have crap cell signal at home and was connected to my WiFi network when I attempted this. Thanks.
    xandros9 likes this.
    02-08-2015 12:55 PM
    I thought it was because of my crap connection, but it just happens randomly, doesn't matter what setting I change or where I connect my phone data or wifi whatever, it just refuses to work
    02-08-2015 09:57 PM
    nope home network so none of that

well it does seem to work okay if the phone is lit up. again though im not really sure that is a "solution" if i have to go wake up the phone id be aswell to look up the app on there. given i mostly use android im at a bit of a loss that with google it works perfectly, so how come microsoft cant?
    02-09-2015 12:20 PM