No Rooms

adrian1338

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Rooms being removed they kill yet another feature of windows phone that was one of the selling points in the original versions. are they dumb or something?
Hubs - gone
Rooms - gone
pivot - gone

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
What I hate about rooms is that the people you invite, you will see them double in Skype. It adds the people as messenger contacts to Skype and they are separate and not in sync with their respective Skype /Microsoft accounts contacts.

e94mli

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping it is just temporarily missing while they are redoing the different parts. Would really miss it. For me it has been one of the most useful live tiles on my phone.

I Unquello

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
This is a crucial feature for me actually. I use it all the time. I would love for them to bring it back in the next update. Hopefully it's not gone for good.

adrian1338

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
What I hate about rooms is that I cant use it on my Windows PC or in Outlook. for chatting for example. They better get them sorted and back into the system. but hey.. every feature that was "unavailable" has been removed now. don't get your hopes up

Gunbust3r

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
not only missing from 10, but they just announced it's being taken away from 8.1! WTF!

"Starting in March 2015, Rooms on Windows Phone will no longer be supported. You'll still be able to view and use your room photo albums, calendars, and notes."

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
not only missing from 10, but they just announced it's being taken away from 8.1! WTF!

"Starting in March 2015, Rooms on Windows Phone will no longer be supported. You'll still be able to view and use your room photo albums, calendars, and notes."

I am not surprised since the HUB concept is going away but my wife and I LOVED Rooms and used Family Room daily...so, how do we then share out OneNote's and shared Calendars?

Stephen Roughley

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
Yep just got this notification too. Rooms was THE selling point that convinced my entire family to buy WP. I won't have any reason to convince them to stay if this is removed. Can anyone confirm wtf is going on?

eldreams

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Very disappointed after receiving the email....My wife and I use this daily as well to keep our notes, grocery lists, calendar/appointments, etc shared between eachother.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I just got my SERVICE UPDATE EMAIL.... WTF? Microsoft?
I just got my family all on Windows Phones and they finally figured out the room feature over the holidays... now this?!!

Thanks for doing everything you can to push me away from WP.

adrian1338

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Well Rooms was poorly in terms of cross platform functionality. not outlook.com or windows integration. Bet they want to offer it as Skype functionality like facebook messenger rooms or whatsapp rooms. Since this is not intregrated into the Messaging hub it sucks! also it would need onedrive for files and onenote

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I've just been reading the comments on the news section re. Rooms. I never realised what it was for until now, also didn't realise you could add iPhone users. This could have been really useful for our family, wish MS had publicised it more.

mjlenox

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Bump from me that this really sucks. I use the rooms as a real estate project manager, keeping notes, pictures, people and a calendar as a room for each project. Now, all of that GONE. I want SO MUCH to be a Microsoft ******, but they make it impossible when they do such STUPID things like this. If it's replaced by something else that fully integrates messaging, photos, a calendar and notes, then fine. But their announcement instead reads that "if you use Rooms, go eff yourself, we don't care."

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Though I feel MS have just done the same re. Nokia mail, I've had my address years and changing everything is going to be a real pain, though maybe I'm the only one still using an Ovi address. ��

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Well, this is the chance for an inspiring Dev to make something! :) Maybe even do it better than MS did.

Who knows, it may happen.

In all seriousness, I am bummed that this is going away. When it first came out, it was supposed to have some functionality across platforms, but that never matured and then it just kinda fell by the wayside. Seems it never really picked up enough steam to keep it going. I hope something comes long to replace it though! :D

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Bump from me that this really sucks. I use the rooms as a real estate project manager, keeping notes, pictures, people and a calendar as a room for each project. Now, all of that GONE. I want SO MUCH to be a Microsoft ******, but they make it impossible when they do such STUPID things like this. If it's replaced by something else that fully integrates messaging, photos, a calendar and notes, then fine. But their announcement instead reads that "if you use Rooms, go eff yourself, we don't care."

The functionality is still there. The OneDrive, OneNote and calendar share. You just have to use the apps separately. (which is a PITA). What I'm going to miss is the live tile telling me my kids or wife added something new to the family calendar or a new note. I mean, the calendar will still work for us, I just only looked at it when I saw the tile notification. As for chat, we just mms a group msg.

TheCudder

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
My guess is not many used the feature, I personally never even attempted to on my Lumia 1020. But "Rooms" sounds ALOT like Microsoft Xim, a dedicated Windows Phone, Android & iOS app --- basically you create a "Xim: by sending selecting contracts from your phone, then you select the photos you want to share from your camera roll, Facebook, Instagram. Dropbox or OneDrive & it sends them a link. They open the link and you all can view and chat about photos in a slideshow you & the invitees can swipe through. Only you starter of the Xim needs the app.

I would assume "Rooms" never expire and act as a permanent photo sharing feature. Where as Xims expire after a certain amount

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon