How do you downgrade from WP 10 to WP 8.1.1?

Bobby Phoenix

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
re:

The recovery tool worked for me. Did it this morning. It took about 20 minutes. Way too many bugs for me in 10. If I had a spare phone I'd try again, but not ready for a daily driver.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
re:

I really dont like the lagginess of WP 10.

But you went and put it on there without knowing how to revert?

The recovery tool worked for me. Did it this morning. It took about 20 minutes. Way too many bugs for me in 10. If I had a spare phone I'd try again, but not ready for a daily driver.

Isn't that exactly what all the reports said would happen?

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
re:

I really believe there should be some sort of logic / IQ test before you're allowed into the Insider program.

You have to qualify the feedback you're getting, weed out the bottom feeders, determine who can RTFM.

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
re:

I really believe there should be some sort of logic / IQ test before you're allowed into the Insider program.

You have to qualify the feedback you're getting, weed out the bottom feeders, determine who can RTFM.

Interesting idea but some joe will just upload the answers on the Internet for anyone to get it correct. Let's make it interesting shall we? Upload your IT certificate or college/university diploma in the IT field then take the test :p

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
re:

I understand that it's a preview. But I like to tinker sometimes. So I'd upgrade on a weekend and downgrade on Sunday.

Nothing wrong with testing out software. Regardless, something that is buggy for person A may be completely acceptable for person B. No need to look farther than the android forums. Some people go crazy for for certain things while others had never noticed!

But yes. No one should be able to download the TP and complain that something doesn't work.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 930

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
re:

I understand that it's a preview. But I like to tinker sometimes. So I'd upgrade on a weekend and downgrade on Sunday.

Nothing wrong with testing out software. Regardless, something that is buggy for person A may be completely acceptable for person B. No need to look farther than the android forums. Some people go crazy for for certain things while others had never noticed!

But yes. No one should be able to download the TP and complain that something doesn't work.

No absolutely, people can tinker it if they want it's just that they need to know they're downloading and installing a buggy software which is what most people didn't seem to understand around here. Also those risking the "Chinese method" or whatever to install it will have to go to the Recovery tool or get it repaired by the OEM, I rather wait until the Rollback feature is enabled on supported devices instead of brute forcing the OS on my phone.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
re:

And you sound quite capable and know what needs to be done beforehand...

Which is completely different from "I rushed in and now can not revert. Help! I need this phone!"

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
re:

And you sound quite capable and know what needs to be done beforehand...

Which is completely different from "I rushed in and now can not revert. Help! I need this phone!"

YES, those are the kids that kill me ' ... you must help me, NOW ... ' - what were they thinking ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett