Unable to install facebook app after botched install

gh0stcat

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
hi,

Platform: windows 8.1 phone
A while back, I was installing the facebook app but something happens while its still installing that I have to reboot my phone.
After reboot, I went to the windows store to download and install ;the facebook again, however, the installation keeps giving me problem. It says "Attention required. Tap here". After I tap, it shows:
"We're having trouble installing this app. If this is the first time that you've seen this message, go ahead and try again. If the app still won't install, go to your Phone Update settings to make sure that your phone software is up to date."
I have tried installing again and again, and also my OS is Lumia Denim which is already very up to date. But still the problem persists.

What happens? How can I "remove" previous installation of any app manually ? Any suggestions?
thanks

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Try downloading Facebook Beta

Can you download other apps without getting this message? You could also go to windowsphone.com, log in, search for the app and clicking on download from there

her3814

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
If you don't want the beta try this.. Go to storage sense.. Phone.. And temporary files.. There press the button to delete temp files.. Give it about 10mins..
Then soft reset your phone.. button + Vol- for about 15secs.. And then try to reinstall Facebook

santosjayson

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
hi,

Platform: windows 8.1 phone
A while back, I was installing the facebook app but something happens while its still installing that I have to reboot my phone.
After reboot, I went to the windows store to download and install ;the facebook again, however, the installation keeps giving me problem. It says "Attention required. Tap here". After I tap, it shows:
"We're having trouble installing this app. If this is the first time that you've seen this message, go ahead and try again. If the app still won't install, go to your Phone Update settings to make sure that your phone software is up to date."
I have tried installing again and again, and also my OS is Lumia Denim which is already very up to date. But still the problem persists.

What happens? How can I "remove" previous installation of any app manually ? Any suggestions?
thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire