Unable to Sync Facebook with WP 8.1 and Overall Social Media Woes on WP 8.1

Erik Walther

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
So I read a few different threads about this issue but there were no real fixes for it. Basically, whenever I get to the screen that says to connect with my phone and click sync now, it never works. It just gives me an error message and says unable to sync at this time please try again later. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the Facebook app and I still face the same result. My Facebook friends show up in my contact list and it links my contacts that I already have with their Facebook profile. But it seems like not everything is there as in not every Facebook friend synced. Any clue how to fix this sync error?

Also, their profile pictures are very blurry. I can fix the blurriness by unlinking the Facebook profile with the contact and relinking, but this is only a temporary fix. As in, the bluriness goes away for a time, but eventually whenever I go back to their picture it is blurry again.

My last issue is the lack of people hub integration. This was one of my favorite features of Windows Phone, but now it appears to be gone. For instance, if I click on someones name on WP 8, I can click write on wall or mention on twitter and it will let me post or tweet right there without opening the Facebook or Twitter app. Now, if I click write on wall or mention on Twitter, it will open up the apps and make me post in that way.

And I've read that they changed the Me hub so it basically is nothing now which sucks. I loved having that show my new notifications from Facebook and Twitter all in the same place and allow me to reply from the Me hub. I could reply to a tweet right from the Me hub or see how many likes a status got from the Me hub, but now all that's gone. Are any of these Me hub functions able to be replaced? Preferably the ability to reply to a tweet from the Me hub?

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
You use Icon?
There is no way you can solve these things. They just botched the hub functionality.
Twitter works better than Facebook though.

Erik Walther

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
You use Icon?
There is no way you can solve these things. They just botched the hub functionality.
Twitter works better than Facebook though.

Yes I have the Icon. I had a feeling about the people hub integration. But there's no way to fix the sync now error with Facebook??

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes I have the Icon. I had a feeling about the people hub integration. But there's no way to fix the sync now error with Facebook??

You got Cyan update now. We have cyan for 9 months and there was an outrage over these issues at that time.
I would suggest installing facebook beta instead of facebook and try to sync thereafter.
Also you can install twitter and get people hub functionality. Not native though.

Erik Walther

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
You got Cyan update now. We have cyan for 9 months and there was an outrage over these issues at that time.
I would suggest installing facebook beta instead of facebook and try to sync thereafter.
Also you can install twitter and get people hub functionality. Not native though.

Yeah I had a feeling. I had Facebook Beta before the update but can't seem to find it now and it doesn't show up when I search for it on my phone. Where do I go to find it?

Yeah, I saw that with Twitter. It works fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel