Resuming screen and its prevalence. WHYYY ??

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I have to wonder why is there sooooo much resuming screens when switching apps on 8.1, even on official cyan update and higher models such as the 929, resuming screens seem to be a consistent windows phone experience...which is sad and irking.
Is this because apps aren't optimized ? Is it because the operating system isn't optimized ? This happened on my 928, My 520 and my ICON, although the icon rarely does this now since the denim update (which has its own set of bugs by the way). Idk....this issue just seems to be so painfully Intrusive and annoying when when doing the basic task of switching apps, or even returning to the start screen. Wow.

hp79

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Holy.. I thought this happens to me because I'm using a wimpy 512MB RAM equipped Lumia 635. I use Viber as my messenger, and every time I go back to home screen and then when trying to open the chat windows, I see the "Resuming..." for 3-5 seconds all the time. So does this happen all the time even in the ICON?

I'm coming from a Note3, just trying out how much better Windowsphone became after 2 years, but it still looks pretty bad. App store is full of crappy 3rd party apps, and there's a lot missing. I wanted to get a 1030 or a 940 when/if they come out. Now, no way I'm getting a WindowsPhone. WindowsPhone is a feature-phone to me.

the whole taco

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
I have to wonder why is there sooooo much resuming screens when switching apps on 8.1, even on official cyan update and higher models such as the 929, resuming screens seem to be a consistent windows phone experience...which is sad and irking.
Is this because apps aren't optimized ? Is it because the operating system isn't optimized ? This happened on my 928, My 520 and my ICON, although the icon rarely does this now since the denim update (which has its own set of bugs by the way). Idk....this issue just seems to be so painfully Intrusive and annoying when when doing the basic task of switching apps, or even returning to the start screen. Wow.

I have got an icon/930 and I have never seen it at all.
before or after denim.
background apps?

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
lol you must restart/reset that phone, my 928 only shows a resuming screen if im using more than 3 apps at once, if they are for 8.1 of course, older and non optimized crap like Skype will make you die of desperation

Ian Too

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I have to agree with EspHack. I own three WPs: a 930, 920 and a 620, and your experience is foreign to me.

As a rule, if I'm not using something, be it Bluetooth, Wi-Fi or an app, I close it down. Keeping things running all the time wastes battery, processor runtime and can even lead you to being tracked or hacked, so keeping your use tidy is just good sense. You are after all, paying for the electricity and helping to keep the device cool will slow degradation of the battery.

This isn't unique to Windows Phone, I'm sure if I were stupid enough to buy an Android device, I would experience less lag than most for the same reason - though at least Windows Phone lets you know your last touch was registered by putting 'resuming...' on screen. The number of times I've been driven wild by colleagues' dumb Android devices defies enumeration.

Smartphones are just tools and like any other tool, can be used or abused. We have a saying: It's a poor workman who blames his tools.

Using things without thought guarantees poor performance.

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I have got an icon/930 and I have never seen it at all.
before or after denim.
background apps?

Man, I've had this happen on the icon and all windows phones I've used. Idk why but I also turn off everything I don't use as well and its not only me experiencing the problem. Check the forums lol. It's a consistent issue for some, even for some high end models. Now, after the denim update, I haven't seen it honestly, maybe only once. This is much better now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo