Ok, so with MS boarding up Rooms in Windows Phone, what are some alternatives that users of this feature can use and migrate to? I have limited knowledge of other options so I welcome the insight from other users not just for myself, but perhaps others in a similar predicament.

I understand that many of the underlying features are still there. OneNotes and OneDrive data can be accessed via their apps under SHARED with me. The native calendar is still there as well. We loose the group chat (which appears to have caused many of the issues based on the defunct Live Messenger?) And we will loose yet another hub that brought all this data together. Not to mention IMO, the all important Live Tile.

To get back on point... I am starting to look at GroupMe as a possible interim replacement. If anyone has additional detail or another suggestion, please contribute!
    02-18-2015 11:52 AM
    My first thought was GroupMe too. I checked it out and while there are some things I love about it (e.g. being able to seamlessly switch back and forth from the app on my phone to the website on my PC), I found the UI less pleasing, the photo and video sharing more primitive (I especially miss the ability for everyone to individually comment on pictures and videos on Rooms in WP8.0), and the 'calendar' to be far too limited, in addition to no OneDrive or OneNote support. So, I can't recommend it yet as a valid replacement for rooms--but, still, it's the only replacement I can think of. It's a pity that Microsoft hasn't done anything with GroupMe since they bough it. It literally could be one of the biggest apps on any platform if they brought all the Room features too it, modernized the UI, kept the web browser support and also made it a Windows Store universal app, and updated it and advertised it.
    02-18-2015 02:45 PM
    This topic is already being discussed here:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...-no-rooms.html

Closed
    02-18-2015 04:27 PM