02-22-2015 03:58 PM
123 12345
tools
    The fact it still looks great without needing to get an app to customize.

I'm still pissed that there is no App for Formula 1 or MotoGP but thats not a big enough reason to quit to Android.

It just sucks that after 2 years MS still have no f@#&*n idea about the app situation. Microsoft Dynamics sponsor Lotus F1 but the idiots cant use their manpower to build an app. Just stick a stupid sticker on the side of a car is the best that they can think of.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics/lotus-f1-team.aspx

Bunch of lemmings led by a clueless dork who probably has no idea about anything that pushes the limits. Yay cricket wooden stick games Satya u dweeb.
    anon(8150199) likes this.
    02-21-2015 02:36 AM
    Easy... I like my Windows Phone.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    02-21-2015 03:34 AM
    Actually i am holding on windows phone because Apples aren't in my budget. And budget Androids are not so good as compared to windows phone.

And another thing Androids have less life(software wise) this is my opinion and i may be wrong. Pl understand.
    02-21-2015 03:42 AM
    The Windows Phone situation is getting better. I could go to iPhone or Android, but I'm enjoying WP more and more. The app-gap is a hard thing to swallow, but thanks to Windows Central, I have the apps I need. The phone i would potential go to is iPhone, if things don't go smoothly.
    02-21-2015 04:03 AM
    sadly still the pipe dream of an actual flagship.
    02-21-2015 04:15 AM
    Let's see....
    1. The impressive UI design, glance
    2. Camera apps, and the camera BUTTON(!). Hardware in general is very nice on all Lumias.
    3. The fact that I've never seen a better looking phone than my 925 (even compared to 2015 phones. Anyone seen the LG Flex 2? Monster specs but looks so tacky).

4. Money, I suppose. I don't want a midrange phone so I'm saving up for a flagship. I'll probably sell off my Lumia and get one of the upcoming Androids, and the MS flagship release is still too far away. XB Music or Video doesn't work here, Cortana doesn't work here, Here Maps don't work here (Google ones do), so many apps aren't "available in your region"... and now that Office, OneDrive, and Outlook are decent on Android, the cons of WP are starting to outweigh the pros.
    Last edited by KhawarNadeem; 02-21-2015 at 04:30 AM.
    02-21-2015 04:18 AM
    Don't hv enough money,give me some money and I ll purchase an android...
    02-21-2015 04:18 AM
    Money
    02-21-2015 04:43 AM
    The way it works and looks, bust mostly because it feels fresh compared to ios or android.
    02-21-2015 04:51 AM
    I started this thread to see what others like about wp
    02-21-2015 05:58 AM
    I moved from iOS to a Windows Phone (Lumia 920) in Dec 2012. Since then I've had a 1020, a Nexus 5, a OnePlus One, an LG G3 and an iPhone 6. My heart was always with Windows Phone and I really convinced myself of this by using other platforms.

The fluidity of WP is remarkable. Even something as high end as the LG G3 stutters as you scroll in certain apps (like Chrome). I've never seen stutter on WP, even low-end devices. The tiles are the icing on the cake - compared to the static grid of app icons in iOS they are a revelation. I'm now back with WP, having bought a black Lumia 930 a few weeks ago. Can't believe how much the OS has moved on since I last used it. With Denim the camera beats anything else on any other platform. I like Microsoft's roadmap too - Windows 10 looks great.

Apple doesn't seem to be going anywhere - yes they sell loads of iPhones, but they have no vision, being content to make products which sell in very large numbers, They will lurch from one high-volume product to the next. Great for business, but I want more than that.
    02-21-2015 06:31 AM
    Whats holding me back? NOTHING. Winphone is the best. I have owned everything else. IPhone/apple products are just fashion accessories, android is OK.....but its very sluggish, even browsing with chrome is not smooth and fluid, and just buggy all around.

With MS/windows, everything I own work as one system. Its great.

MS/windows phone is the best "ecosystem" of all platforms.
    portalfocus likes this.
    02-21-2015 06:39 AM
    Until Windows 10 get released.
    02-21-2015 06:59 AM
    User Interface, User Experience, Ecosystem, and a lot more
    02-21-2015 07:33 AM
    So much to say and love Windows phone platform,
    But what I most like is Cortana.
    Man,I literally could not imagine a world without her.
    Lets hope MS will bring the best of her in near future(W10).
    02-21-2015 07:36 AM
    The potential is what is keeping me but I'm not sure MS can move fast enough for the mobile market. Waiting for 10 to put out a flagship, I think is a huge mistake. Exclusivity and how updates are released are other big problems. I have to say that I am tempted to move away from wp. I'm waiting to see how 10 looks like before I make up my mind.
    02-21-2015 07:38 AM
    Features keeping me with WP:
    -Off contract device pricing
    -Unique live tile home screen concept
    -Windows Insider Program
    -Windows desktop and Live ID integration
    -soon to be Office preview (and the Outlook preview which will replace the current mail client)
    -OneDrive storage size

The potential of seeing the changes I want via the Insider program has me the most excited.
    02-21-2015 08:14 AM
    How about those of us moving TO the windows phone from Android/iOS? I've been an android user for years (don't care for apple.. never did) but I'm a huge fan of the latest Microsoft OS's. I installed Win98 beta back in the day just to get multiple monitor support... I always install the latest version as soon as it's released. I jumped right in with Windows 8 and actually like the metro screen. Especially with multiple 24" monitors... I've been a Note 2 user for the past two years. Yesterday I couldn't figure out why my email wasn't syncing... People complain about how hard it is to find settings for things in WP... My gosh.. I searched for about 30 minutes in my settings and couldn't find a way to turn back on syncing... I finally did a web search and found someone that said "Go to gmail app, click settings, click sync, a warning will pop up telling you it will turn on sync for all apps.. click yes." YOU HAVE GO TO BE KIDDING ME! It's ridiculous!
    Last week my daughter's battery was low in her Lumia 822 and she had to go somewhere so I let her use my phone and I used hers... the Windows OS is a JOY compared to my Note... she even came back and said "Is my phone charged.. I can't stand this thing! (talking about my phone).
    I can't wait to get the 1520 and never look back.
    02-21-2015 09:31 AM
    I started this thread to see what others like about wp
    That is not what the title asks. The title asks why we all struggle along with it...
    02-21-2015 09:45 AM
    No compelling reason to leave.
    RumoredNow and mary beth hale like this.
    02-21-2015 09:52 AM
    That is not what the title asks. The title asks why we all struggle along with it...
    I tend to agree. If the title reflected 'what you like', I would have contributions. Right now its synonymous with 'if competitor had X, I would leave'.
    02-21-2015 09:59 AM
    Simply put it this way, i would have NEVER had such a big interest in mobile phones if i had gone with a different OS.
    I know there are faults, i know that updates are slower than the competition, but thats what makes me root for it more. Also, absolutely nobody uses windows phones, i personally have a soft spot for underdogs.
    I love having an OS that nobody else have, i like how its so exclusive, it gets people curious and they ask, "oh you have a windows phone, how is it?"
    k0de likes this.
    02-21-2015 10:09 AM
    First is the UI, I really loved it.
    Then is the camera, still awesome so far.
    And finally is, it's still working fine, so why should I replace it with another phone?
    02-21-2015 10:14 AM
    Inexpensive, "good enough" phones readily available on AT&T network, allowing me to utilize numerous inexpensive MVNOs with great coverage. Like the UI much better than the others. Like a good camera without paying too much. Like the easy integration with Outlook.com, OneDrive, OneNote, etc. Not wedded to my phone, so prefer something that is easy to use and just works--don't want to be fiddling with my phone all the time. Plenty of apps for me--don't understand the "app gap" at all. Some people can't live without a particular app? Get a life!
    02-21-2015 10:15 AM
    The app thing is a struggle for some ! Including me
    02-21-2015 10:16 AM
123 12345