02-22-2015 03:58 PM
123 ... 2345
tools
    If Apple releases an iPhone with wireless charging (preferably the "universal" kind that works on all existing chargers) and, in my dream fantasy land, ups the resolution a bit (oversampling?), I'm gone.

Kind of holding out hope that the larger iPhones get camera upgrades like that. Ooh, xenon too, while I'm dreaming.

;)

Edit: MS services, ProShot, ginormously full app store = I could live without tiles and AMOLED.
    I hate Apple so I won't feel bad to say what I'm going to say: the camera on the iPhone 6, albeit 8mp, is a great camera. It's Sony hardware and Apple puts a lot of time in imaging quality. And as they hired some people from Nokia's ex-PureView Team, I expect the camera on the iPhone 6S to be even better...as much as I hate the idea.

Wireless charging...doubt it. Unless, of course, they can come up with a new proprietary wireless charging that no one else uses and that they can charge you 100 dollars for a charger.
    02-21-2015 10:18 AM
    Just a word to those who are talking about the app gap :
    Actually android and iphone have tons of apps and most of them are not note worthy. Most of the apps on android and iphone are available on windows mobile today
    The difference is that even the apps that are available on WP, are way way better on Android and iOS. There's little point in filling the "app gap" if you're filling it with web renders and sub-par of endless "BETA" versions.
    As I see it, the app gap on WP is slowly being replaced by a quality-app-gap.
    02-21-2015 10:21 AM
    I hate Apple so I won't feel bad to say what I'm going to say: the camera on the iPhone 6, albeit 8mp, is a great camera. It's Sony hardware and Apple puts a lot of time in imaging quality. And as they hired some people from Nokia's ex-PureView Team, I expect the camera on the iPhone 6S to be even better...as much as I hate the idea.

Wireless charging...doubt it. Unless, of course, they can come up with a new proprietary wireless charging that no one else uses and that they can charge you 100 dollars for a charger.
    Oh, it's not the quality of the images per se -- it's that "zoom, reinvented", oversampling to a smaller extent, that hold me in. My 928 (so basically equal in resolution) is certainly still capable without oversampling or zoom abilities, and the xenon is glorious in those occasions where it is warranted. My Icon on the other hand, has shown the power of the higher resolution and reframing as well -- pull, shoot, crop later, still have a high quality shot! There are some shots where it is *insane* when you look at the final product versus the original.

Wireless: oh, I'm sure they'll call it something special, and try to sell their own chargers and talk about the "magic" inside that keeps things topped up just so, but once someone throws them on some regular wireless chargers the gig will be up. (Unless the rat finks use some NFC/iBeacon/Bluetooth crap to try and validate chargers before the phone will activate the charging circuit...hmmm)

I really wouldn't expect to see anything until the iPhone 7+.
    02-21-2015 10:32 AM
    It isn't worth enough to fund an android of similar spec
    02-21-2015 10:45 AM
    Why would I want to leave Windows Phone when it has everything I need.

I had an Android device and beyond the initial WOW of the customisation there isn't a lot else going for it and Google Now is a POS when it comes to anything other than web search, iPhones are expensive for what they are and each successive update slows older devices to a crawl in order to force people to upgrade. BlackBerries are about the only other devices that are interesting to me, but they sold their souls to the devil by allowing Android apps to run on BB10.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    02-21-2015 11:06 AM
    Nothing kept me from leaving. I left. Tried it for a year, two diff devices, liked it a lot, but left anyway. I didn't lock the door on the way out and may be back later. I like variety.
    02-21-2015 12:31 PM
    Hey , I was really frustrated yesterday because of the app thing in our platform, and then almost made up my mind to go to Android , but then thought again and couldn't imagine having a phone without Cortana or Lumia camera ❤ what about you guys? What is it making you stay with wp, let's share the good things about our OS
    Very simply, the UI is more fun to use.
    Jazmac likes this.
    02-21-2015 12:33 PM
    Love Windows phone, but I am going back to Android...not because of the apps, but because Nokia can't fix my Lumia 920, so I will not buy another of their products, sorry HTC, you either...so since I want another Windows phone, I am out of most choices...its too bad, but annoyed with my phone too much to deal with it kinda like Nokia has told me to do.
    02-21-2015 12:56 PM
    What's holding you from leaving windows phone?..... That would be my "true" dislike for Google Products and the company as a whole, And also My dislike of Apple UI. Just because companies won't or are slow to support windows phone wont make me go to the other two companies mentioned. No one will get my money unless the product there offering supports windows phone FULLY. If Windows tanks I don't know what I'll do, maybe check out if blackberry is still around by then. And no, a varied version of android like firefox OS or amazon crap wont get my business either. But in the end to each there own I suppose.
    02-21-2015 12:56 PM
    I've been with WP for over three years, from the very beginning. I have no current plans of leaving, but we'll see how WP10 turns out, not super impressed with what I've been using so far.
    02-21-2015 01:01 PM
    Until Windows 10 get released.
    Why?

By the time W10 is released to the public it will be stable, smooth and fast. I don't care about dev previews etc.
    02-21-2015 01:17 PM
    To Think Different. And I'm not just quoting the old Apple here. It literally feels better to not be in the crowd full of iOS or Android. WP has everything I need.
    Michael Dontigney and neo158 like this.
    02-21-2015 01:26 PM
    I been with Windows phone since Nokia lumia 800 and now have the 1020. I am all about the tiles, the customizable home screen, it is crisp and clean throughout. Great way to structure the phone with work and play. The camera is awesome and my yellow 1020 makes me stay.
    02-21-2015 02:07 PM
    I missed my L800, I wish it lasted longer (screen digitizer went out) I still have my L900, L920 and I'm currently using a L830. Still waiting on a high-end Lumia.
    02-21-2015 02:22 PM
    Will never go to IOS again. And Android is like a crappy PC needs forms once a month
    02-21-2015 02:30 PM
    Why should I leave it? The other os offer nothing appalling. In windows phone I have everything I need.
    02-21-2015 02:40 PM
    I love the way wp has evolved over the years, the features it has (yes it has less, but for me they are more than enough). I love its design, the simplicity, modern ui.

The w10 for phones looks promising and so far I love all the changes. My Lumia 920 handles the preview very well, and looks fresher than ever (thanks to Chinese hack). So that's all my reasons for not leaving wp platform.
    02-21-2015 02:47 PM
    Just the other day I dumped 3GB of classical music on my SD card in the Downloads folder, and installed Core Player ($1.49) so I could pin a tile that shuffle plays all tracks in that folder + subfolders. In iOS that would have meant copying things via the horrible iTunes, and then making playlists. Doable, but I really love the media management freedom of WP8.
    02-21-2015 03:20 PM
    The only thing that might have made me leave wp is the app quality thing , it's not a gap (except for some apps) it's about how good the apps are
    02-21-2015 03:50 PM
    That I have 192 days till my contract is up I thought I would miss Cortana but since she is on my lap top I don't have that worry
    02-21-2015 04:31 PM
    W10, possibly next Lumia flagship, don't like Apple products, don't like Android products. So yeah :P
    JamesPTao likes this.
    02-21-2015 04:35 PM
    Love Windows phone, but I am going back to Android...not because of the apps, but because Nokia can't fix my Lumia 920, so I will not buy another of their products, sorry HTC, you either...so since I want another Windows phone, I am out of most choices...its too bad, but annoyed with my phone too much to deal with it kinda like Nokia has told me to do.
    It's Microsoft that's telling you that. Nokia is no longer taking care of their former Lumia devices, since the 25th of April. Any bad customer support you had from that moment on, you have Microsoft Mobile to blame, not Nokia ;)
    02-21-2015 06:01 PM
    WP has all the apps I need and the ones I don't have on my 1520, I have on my 2520. I've posted my disdain for Google and their business practices before so I won't get into that again. What I found troubling with my recent foray with an iPhone 6+ is the amount of data "leakage". With iCloud sync off, cell usage disabled for all services and background refresh turned off I was losing +/- 80MB every night. I had read about Apple and data mining but I wasn't sold until now. With WP, I'm barely registering 40MB/day which is what I'm normally accustomed to.

Android and Apple can keep their fancy apps.
    sleeve22 and neo158 like this.
    02-21-2015 06:23 PM
    It's Microsoft that's telling you that. Nokia is no longer taking care of their former Lumia devices, since the 25th of April. Any bad customer support you had from that moment on, you have Microsoft Mobile to blame, not Nokia ;)
    Very true, but its apparently a known bug for a few years with the L920, so was an issue when Nokia had them...don't get me wrong, I love the 920, love the feel, performance and size of it, but its battery get so unreliable...plus sending the phone into Microsoft 8 times is pretty annoying :)
    Either way, if it says Microsoft or Nokia, I am going to not buy it because of the support I have gotten, love Windows Phone OS, will miss Cortana and the simplicity of the OS...
    02-21-2015 06:27 PM
    The OS itself. The simplicity and fluidity of WP is what keeps me here.
    This.. But honestly, I'm getting really tempted to get an IOS device....
    02-21-2015 06:28 PM
123 ... 2345