What's holding you from leaving windows phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Nothing kept me from leaving. I left. Tried it for a year, two diff devices, liked it a lot, but left anyway. I didn't lock the door on the way out and may be back later. I like variety.

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey , I was really frustrated yesterday because of the app thing in our platform, and then almost made up my mind to go to Android , but then thought again and couldn't imagine having a phone without Cortana or Lumia camera ❤ what about you guys? What is it making you stay with wp, let's share the good things about our OS
Very simply, the UI is more fun to use.

carlson03

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Love Windows phone, but I am going back to Android...not because of the apps, but because Nokia can't fix my Lumia 920, so I will not buy another of their products, sorry HTC, you either...so since I want another Windows phone, I am out of most choices...its too bad, but annoyed with my phone too much to deal with it kinda like Nokia has told me to do.

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
What's holding you from leaving windows phone?..... That would be my "true" dislike for Google Products and the company as a whole, And also My dislike of Apple UI. Just because companies won't or are slow to support windows phone wont make me go to the other two companies mentioned. No one will get my money unless the product there offering supports windows phone FULLY. If Windows tanks I don't know what I'll do, maybe check out if blackberry is still around by then. And no, a varied version of android like firefox OS or amazon crap wont get my business either. But in the end to each there own I suppose.

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I've been with WP for over three years, from the very beginning. I have no current plans of leaving, but we'll see how WP10 turns out, not super impressed with what I've been using so far.

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
To Think Different. And I'm not just quoting the old Apple here. It literally feels better to not be in the crowd full of iOS or Android. WP has everything I need.

suhail_91

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I been with Windows phone since Nokia lumia 800 and now have the 1020. I am all about the tiles, the customizable home screen, it is crisp and clean throughout. Great way to structure the phone with work and play. The camera is awesome and my yellow 1020 makes me stay.

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I missed my L800, I wish it lasted longer (screen digitizer went out) I still have my L900, L920 and I'm currently using a L830. Still waiting on a high-end Lumia.

alex athanasopoulos

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I love the way wp has evolved over the years, the features it has (yes it has less, but for me they are more than enough). I love its design, the simplicity, modern ui.

The w10 for phones looks promising and so far I love all the changes. My Lumia 920 handles the preview very well, and looks fresher than ever (thanks to Chinese hack). So that's all my reasons for not leaving wp platform.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Just the other day I dumped 3GB of classical music on my SD card in the Downloads folder, and installed Core Player ($1.49) so I could pin a tile that shuffle plays all tracks in that folder + subfolders. In iOS that would have meant copying things via the horrible iTunes, and then making playlists. Doable, but I really love the media management freedom of WP8.

Qais Abu-Hasan

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
The only thing that might have made me leave wp is the app quality thing , it's not a gap (except for some apps) it's about how good the apps are

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Love Windows phone, but I am going back to Android...not because of the apps, but because Nokia can't fix my Lumia 920, so I will not buy another of their products, sorry HTC, you either...so since I want another Windows phone, I am out of most choices...its too bad, but annoyed with my phone too much to deal with it kinda like Nokia has told me to do.

It's Microsoft that's telling you that. Nokia is no longer taking care of their former Lumia devices, since the 25th of April. Any bad customer support you had from that moment on, you have Microsoft Mobile to blame, not Nokia ;)

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
WP has all the apps I need and the ones I don't have on my 1520, I have on my 2520. I've posted my disdain for Google and their business practices before so I won't get into that again. What I found troubling with my recent foray with an iPhone 6+ is the amount of data "leakage". With iCloud sync off, cell usage disabled for all services and background refresh turned off I was losing +/- 80MB every night. I had read about Apple and data mining but I wasn't sold until now. With WP, I'm barely registering 40MB/day which is what I'm normally accustomed to.

Android and Apple can keep their fancy apps.

carlson03

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
It's Microsoft that's telling you that. Nokia is no longer taking care of their former Lumia devices, since the 25th of April. Any bad customer support you had from that moment on, you have Microsoft Mobile to blame, not Nokia ;)

Very true, but its apparently a known bug for a few years with the L920, so was an issue when Nokia had them...don't get me wrong, I love the 920, love the feel, performance and size of it, but its battery get so unreliable...plus sending the phone into Microsoft 8 times is pretty annoying :)
Either way, if it says Microsoft or Nokia, I am going to not buy it because of the support I have gotten, love Windows Phone OS, will miss Cortana and the simplicity of the OS...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720