Unable to edit Excel in Lumia 630 Windows Phone 8.1

Satish Dhondale

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Hello All,

I am using Lumia 630 mobile with Windows 8.1 Update 1 OS version. I created new excel sheet in my Windows Phone and copied it to my PC (running on Windows 8.1) and changed the excel sheet and copied again to my mobile phone.

Now I did some changes to that excel sheet in my phone and saved. When I try to save I am getting an message
"Changes can't be saved because this workbook is read-only. Save it with a a new name."
And i saved with new name. When I changed this excel again, i am getting the above message again each time when I try to save.

Kindly provide the solution for this issue.

Regards,
Satish D R

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft Excel workbooks are read-only on the phone if they have:

•Formulas that aren't supported on the phone.
•Scenarios.
•Data validation in one or more cells.
•Array formulas.
•Data tables.
•Slicers.
•Macros enabled.
•Large column or row widths.
•Formulas that contain links or references to other workbooks.
•Formulas with structured references.
•Formulas that contain references, content or formatting beyond cell IV16384.
•Longer formulas, such as a formula that is longer than 512 characters or has more than 30 arguments in it.
•Shared workbooks with tracked changes.
•Workbooks with dialogue sheets.
•XML markup that isn't formed correctly.
•OLE objects or ActiveX controls.

Satish Dhondale

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Yes but there are no such un supportive objects or formulas. The problem is I am able to edit the sheet but when I try to save I am getting that message and even I am able to save with different name but not able to save in same file with same name. It's working as "Save As" option.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Yes but there are no such un supportive objects or formulas. The problem is I am able to edit the sheet but when I try to save I am getting that message and even I am able to save with different name but not able to save in same file with same name. It's working as "Save As" option.

Probably you changed something in the sheet when you edited/saved it on your pc which makes it "read only".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss