Windows Phone and PC not syncing

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So. As the topic states, my Windows phone 8.1 device and Windows 8.1 PC is not syncing.

I'm using a BLU WIN HD right now. About 6 months ago I had a 1020 and it worked. Prior to that I had a 920. After the 1020 i've used a 520 and now the BLU.

The passwords and internet explorer tabs do not sync and that's what I need. I remember before entering a password on my phone or pc for a wifi network and having it connect automatically on the other device.

The tabs in IE do not show up, and if it does, it shows up days after. example if I browse a couple webpages on my pc, it won't show on my phone... Couple days later, when I check ie on my phone and swipe across to "other", the pages that I was visiting a couple days ago are now showing, and the current ones, well... they aren't....

Files on my one drive sync without problem. Most of my work I save on my one drive and I can access it on my phone instantly.

Any tips on how I can jumps start this process?

I've tried turning off syncing on both devices and turning them back on.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I just did.. This raised an eyebrow:

"?Password synchronisation requires a two-step verification process to keep your information safe. If you didn't go through the two-step verification when you first set up your phone, you'll be asked to go through it when you turn on password synchronisation."

So i'm guessing I need to enable two step verification on my account??

I will try enabling this...

Before that.. I will turn off syncing on both devices and delete personal settings from the cloud (https://onedrive.live.com/win8personalsettingsprivacy/)

The re-enable them and what's up...

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Your personal settings have been removed from the cloud. (You can turn syncing back on at any time.)

Note: Your personal settings might not be deleted from the cloud immediately; some info might remain on Microsoft’s cloud servers until the next scheduled clean-up process.

You can now get back to what you were doing.

What is a safe time to re-enable syncing?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The WIFI passwords don't seem to be syncing :(

I forgot a wifi network on the phone and pc.. I connected with the pc and typed in the password. Couple hours later, it's still prompting me for the password when I try to connect on the phone...

Any suggestions?

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
it can get buggy sometimes, my w10 laptop is not syncing known wifis, and yes it might take a while to show up here and there, in my case if I check my opened tabs on w10 laptop from 8.1 desk I see tabs from 2 weeks ago, but also the last one I visited last night

I think you need to remove your ms account and log in again, but meh I barely use that machine, try it and tell me if it works

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
it can get buggy sometimes, my w10 laptop is not syncing known wifis, and yes it might take a while to show up here and there, in my case if I check my opened tabs on w10 laptop from 8.1 desk I see tabs from 2 weeks ago, but also the last one I visited last night

I think you need to remove your ms account and log in again, but meh I barely use that machine, try it and tell me if it works

Remove the account from the pc??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss