Just bought a 928 to play with Windows Phone. Installed 8.1 and am now looking to see if I can download apps I purchased from the App Store on my PC. I would assume that if I paid for a PC app that it should be available on my Phone?

Thanks in advance.

floridarandy
    02-24-2015 08:21 PM
    Nope.. Thats why it is a windows store for phone and one for pc.. But with windows 10 that will change in some way :)

Maybe works with some apps? But the ones i have purchased on my phone i cant find in 8.1 pc..
    02-24-2015 08:30 PM
    It's possible with Windows 8.1 and WP 8.1, but its very uncommon. Apps like Halo: Spartan Assault, MSN Weather, or Shazam are cross platform and follow the buy once, use anywhere mentality. There is an icon of a tablet & phone on the store listing, check them out.
    02-24-2015 08:44 PM
    It's possible with Windows 8.1 and WP 8.1, but its very uncommon. Apps like Halo: Spartan Assault, MSN Weather, or Shazam are cross platform and follow the buy once, use anywhere mentality. There is an icon of a tablet & phone on the store listing, check them out.
    Yes, they're called Universal apps. You pay for them once and you can download and install on all your devices. Of course, you have to use the same Microsoft account on all devices. Same way Xbox music works. Doesn't matter on which device you purchase music, it will sync and show up on all of them.
    02-24-2015 08:58 PM
    There is an icon on the app store page for the app that denotes a universal app.

Look up Tweetium from the desktop store. At the lower right corner of the big screenshot, there is an icon and a description: "Get once, download on windows phone too"

It's interesting that 'universal apps' is being marketed as a new feature that will save windows phone.
    02-25-2015 12:20 PM