How can I delete multiple contacts?

ashishjaveri

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
How can I delete multiple contacts. Lumia Denim

Just got the Lumia Denim update for my Nokia 820. One of the features of the change log is "With improved selection, you can also delete multiple calls or contacts"

So how can I delete multiple contacts from my phone. Is it even possible in the first place.?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: How can I delete multiple contacts. Lumia Denim

In the contact app (where you see your list of contacts), hit the "..." at the bottom of the screen and choose "select contacts".

Selection boxes will then appear, allowing you to select and delete multiple contacts.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

Just got the Lumia Denim update for my Nokia 820. One of the features of the change log is "With improved selection, you can also delete multiple calls or contacts"

So how can I delete multiple contacts from my phone. Is it even possible in the first place.?

On both my 820 and 925 i do not see the option if I push the 3 dots in People but in my 930 I see this option. (all 3 phones on Denim)
If you see this option it's okay. Otherwise login on outlook.com on your PC and go to people/contacts there you can use multi selection and delete.

Last edited:

ashishjaveri

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site

Pretty strange on why some phones have this and the other ones don't. Can't imagine this feature is a hardware limitation. Cannot see it on my 920 as well

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
If all else fails, just visit outlook.com click the menu (upper left), and click people. It's easy to do advanced things there.
Except add photos.... I can't believe this option is still lacking. I can't move to Outlook until they beef up their client for Web browsers.

Also I'd like to add you can't do it with Outlook 2013! It doesn't sync contact photos from PC to Web! Arggg

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Except add photos.... I can't believe this option is still lacking. I can't move to Outlook until they beef up their client for Web browsers.

Also I'd like to add you can't do it with Outlook 2013! It doesn't sync contact photos from PC to Web! Arggg

Just use your phone for that part. Or on a PC, use the People hub. (click the blank photo area and you can add)

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Just use your phone for that part. Or on a PC, use the People hub. (click the blank photo area and you can add)

You can't, actually. It's a long standing issue. It's been discussed a lot on the Windows forums. Here are some images to help you see.
Capture.JPGCapture2.JPGCapture3.JPG
The only way is to do it from a phone, which is a pain managing 1,500 contacts.
You can't even do it from Windows 8.1 (PC version or People Hub from the PC), I have pictures for those contacts but they don't appear on the web or my phone.

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
You can't, actually. It's a long standing issue. It's been discussed a lot on the Windows forums. Here are some images to help you see.

The only way is to do it from a phone, which is a pain managing 1,500 contacts.
You can't even do it from Windows 8.1 (PC version or People Hub from the PC), I have pictures for those contacts but they don't appear on the web or my phone.
It's as if you didn't even read my post. I said the people hub in windows, not the people area of outlook.com. You a do it on a pc, just did it before I posted that previous post just to make sure it worked. Then I went to outlook.com and the photo showed up.

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
It's as if you didn't even read my post. I said the people hub in windows, not the people area of outlook.com. You a do it on a pc, just did it before I posted that previous post just to make sure it worked. Then I went to outlook.com and the photo showed up.

Wow. I specifically mentioned this:

...You can't even do it from Windows 8.1 (PC version or People Hub from the PC), I have pictures for those contacts but they don't appear on the web or my phone.

Now, I can show you a picture:
Untitled.png

Same contact.

What I mean, is that the contacts images don't sync over. Neither from website to PC client. Nor from PC client to Phone. Nor the Website to phone. Nothing :(

If it works for you, I don't know what to say.

Edit2: I have also tried deleting all the contacts and importing them again, and adding pictures... I've done it twice over the past year just to see if it worked...

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Wow. I specifically mentioned this:

Now, I can show you a picture:
Same contact.

What I mean, is that the contacts images don't sync over. Neither from website to PC client. Nor from PC client to Phone. Nor the Website to phone. Nothing :(

If it works for you, I don't know what to say.

Edit2: I have also tried deleting all the contacts and importing them again, and adding pictures... I've done it twice over the past year just to see if it worked...
I can confirm that it does sync back to your phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99