Backgrounds look bad

Nas Hari

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I love the whole idea about having the tiles as 'windows' (See through) but as soon as I put a high resolution wallpaper as a background it turns in to this ugly low quality image. I mean, It just doesn't look right but I can't find any thread about this issue. Am I really the only one noticing this?? Can I do anything about this??

Nas Hari

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: Backgrounds look like absoluteI s**t

Sure,
It looks like **** when I use it as a background. It looks bigger and the resolution just looks very, very low. I don't know why it does that.
wp_ss_20150301_0004.jpgwp_ss_20150301_0005.jpg

F3rzz

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Windows phone puts a black overlay on the wallpapers so it doesn't make reading harder.

I guess that's what you are referring to, I didn't like it at first, especially cuz I considered some images would not worsen readability, but got kinda used to it.

That picture that you posted have white shine wood texture that would probably make reading very hard, so I guess in this case is needed.

There is no way too disable it, sadly.

Nas Hari

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
No, I'm not referring to the black overlay, it's the resolution. The image shown above looks worse on my phone.
I don't know what it does, but the image looks 'bigger/blown' when u use it as a background, it just looks very weird. Do you guys know any app with high resolution wallpapers?( im using a lumia 1520)

Grimlock

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I noticed this as well, so I started searching for higher resolution wallpapers but it seems as though it's downsampled when used as a background. They probably did this to maintain smooth scrolling, so I don't blame them. But it doesn't matter how high of a resolution you have, it will end up not looking too sharp (try astronomy photos with a lot of detail).

accursedvenom

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I use the zedge app for wallpapers. Most of the images look great on my 925, but I find the abstract category to look the best and still maintain smooth scrolling.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
problem is, it will always crop your image unless it fits the screen perfectly, lets say you got a 2560x1600 pic, when you select it it will ask you to move it around to your liking since it wont show the entire picture, only the first 1080 horizontally and 1920 vertically, then you see there is a lot of wasted horizontal res and missing vertical res

also if im not mistaken, all wallpaper pictures are converted to PNG, this may lead to unwanted changes in the image

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb