Can you change work start & finishing time in Cortana?

SteveSAPA

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I am always late to work (usually 15 mins) so Cortana thinks I start 15 mins later than I do. Is there anyway I can manually change the time I start so she can inform me properly if I am running late?

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
The notebook that she has should have information about you and your movements that you should be able to edit. I am not sure.

but on the other hand in your reminders that you set choose a time earlier than your work time and obviously she knows the location and take you there on time. From what I know Cortana atleast in my experience doesnt get the time right. She takes traffic into account but I think it is the 30 min refresh limitation that kicks in and she may not consider the peak hour traffic that would build up. This is my assumption and may be wrong. When I set my reminder I knew for sure that I had to leave at a certain time and I was on my way and when I was on my way 15 mins later I got a notification to leave home and the time she calculated was the actual time when there is no traffic and a few signals.
I looked up the notebook in cortana and I dont think she has your work timings either. She will have the location in the favourites but that is about it.

Hope it helps. Cheers

P.S I am using Cortana Alpha so I dont know if Beta has anything different.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz