The FB feed in my People Hub now shows all activity rather than just posts from friends - just like 'most recent' in the official FB app.

I like how the People Hub combines my FB & Twitter feeds.. but now it is swamped with 'likes' and 'Comments on' :-S.
    03-04-2015 12:50 AM
    Does anyone know more about this?

The app itself didn't even update - since 2/28, and yet the People Hub feed made a complete change.
    How does that work? Anyone who uses Twitter ask the right folks?

This is terrible and makes the People Hub feed useless.
    03-04-2015 08:57 PM
    Yeah I noticed this change yesterday. The people hub is useless now, all I see are things people have liked. The app is fine and so is the website.... Very annoying.
    03-05-2015 12:06 AM
    I Totally agree. I Don't even want to look at my "What's New" feed any more. It's a complete waste of time, and I don't even have that many friends!!
    Somebody Help us!
    03-09-2015 04:47 PM
    Is this still the case? And if you have any Groups setup, how does this compare (i.e. are there still lots of random likes or more 'useful' updates)?

Cheers
    03-26-2015 06:14 AM
    As of today, it looks like it's been fixed. I did receive an OS update overnight, not sure if that made a change or if there was another reason. Either way, at least I don't see all the likes anymore.
    iamstevie and N1cks like this.
    03-26-2015 10:41 AM
    @iamstevie, I'm not sure what you are suggesting/asking about groups (in facebook?). @rideboarder, It's still happening to me. The first three posts on my feed right now are comments my friend(s) made on some strangers posts/pictures.
    03-29-2015 09:34 PM
    Same thing for me to. The people hub looks like a big mess now. They need to fix this
    03-29-2015 09:35 PM
    @iamstevie, I'm not sure what you are suggesting/asking about groups (in facebook?). @rideboarder, It's still happening to me. The first three posts on my feed right now are comments my friend(s) made on some strangers posts/pictures.
    Which OS version are you on? After I received the update for 8.10.14234.375 everything went back to normal for me.
    03-29-2015 10:00 PM
    Is this still the case? And if you have any Groups setup, how does this compare (i.e. are there still lots of random likes or more 'useful' updates)?

Cheers
    Sorry just seen this - sounds like may have been fixed since anyway.

I was referring to Contact Groups (on WP, rather than on FB), where you can set up aggregated social media feeds for groups of your contacts.

My thinking was perhaps this 'bug' was limited to just the general 'all contacts' facebook feed.... maybe the feeds for Groups may not have had this problem (e.g. if it used a different api on facebook). Again... sounds like it is perhaps irrelevant now anyway!
    03-30-2015 09:10 AM
    This is weird.... The problem seems to have returned on my phone. Now I see it when people like someone else's photos and posts again... This is in the general list with all contacts. Why it worked fine for a week...I have no idea..
    03-31-2015 07:43 PM
    @rideboarder - yeah, the feed has returned to showing all activity i.e. every single 'like' & 'commented on' (public activity).

For about a week it was really good - a proper 'most recent' feed.

Why they've reverted is beyond me. The feed is now just fill of crap. I really question the logic of the FB &/or Microsoft engineer who configured the feed.

Anyway, here's hoping they revert back tot he proper 'most recent' feed.... again.
    04-06-2015 10:00 PM
    The people hub desperately needs an update. The visual side to!
    04-06-2015 10:08 PM
    removed fb from people hub its really annoying. is there a solution for That?
    04-12-2015 08:39 PM
    The 'most recent' Facebook feed in the People Hub & the official FB app has been updated. It now mirrors m.facebook.com & it's no longer swamped with activity.

However, for both the official app & the People Hub, it only seems to be able to pull in a few hours worth of content. I'm unsure exactly how many hours.

In any case, WM10 is just around the corner. Can the new People Hub still access Facebook..?
    09-08-2015 11:42 PM