"Ghost" Music file

b0blight

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey all,
Recently, I have been trying to transfer some MP3 files to my 1020. I did what I normally did, and that was to just drag and drop the file into the Music file in Windows Explorer when I plug my phone in. I transferred 5 songs, and among these 4, an error suddenly popped up and said "Device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected", and my 5th file wasn't transferred over (or at least what it showed in Windows Explorer). Going back to my phone, I checked Xbox Music, and there were all 4 files, minus the fifth file which cannot be transferred over. The weird thing was, when I went over to OneMusic, I saw my 5th file there, and I could play it too. When I checked my files, there were only 4. So the weird thing is, where did the 5th file go ? And is there any solution to fix this ? Also, how do I get rid of the "Device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected" error ? Anyone with experience please help ! Thanks !

Eustis99

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Xbox music and the transfer program is weird. When I sync music there's a few songs that give an error but when I try a second time, they work perfectly. One song though always gives an error, even though its the same format as the rest. I just copy and paste it in the right folder and it'll work then.

b0blight

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Xbox music and the transfer program is weird. When I sync music there's a few songs that give an error but when I try a second time, they work perfectly. One song though always gives an error, even though its the same format as the rest. I just copy and paste it in the right folder and it'll work then.

Yeah ! That's the same problem I'm facing. The transfer system is quite weird. It shows the file cannot be transferred over, but the file still shows up. :/

Eustis99

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
It's rather annoying, also take note that in order for Xbox music to update and repopulate new music, the app HAS to be open. I've noticed at times it took a dat for new music to show up.

Yeah ! That's the same problem I'm facing. The transfer system is quite weird. It shows the file cannot be transferred over, but the file still shows up. :/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb