Can I get some help installing new drivers for my Windows Phone since the upgrade to 8.1?

shonda loo

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
Trouble installing new drivers for my Windows Phone since the upgrade to 8.1

I upgraded my Windows 8 phone to Windows 8.1. Ever since the upgrade my Windows 8.1 laptop has been unable to detect the phone when it's connected to via the USB port. The phone fails to appear amongst the listings for Device Manager when it's plugged in (not under "Potable Devices", "Unknown Devices", "Universal Serial Bus...", or anything else). I've tried rebooting both the phone and laptop, it did not resolve the issue. I tried removing the phone's SD card then connecting it to the laptop... it did not solve the issue. Nothing seems to work, I know my laptop needs to install new drivers for the phone, but I can't figure out why Device Manager is failing to recognize the device when it is plugged in. Any insight or ideas?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Trouble installing new drivers for my Windows Phone since the upgrade to 8.1

I upgraded my Windows 8 phone to Windows 8.1. Ever since the upgrade my Windows 8.1 laptop has been unable to detect the phone when it's connected to via the USB port. The phone fails to appear amongst the listings for Device Manager when it's plugged in (not under "Potable Devices", "Unknown Devices", "Universal Serial Bus...", or anything else). I've tried rebooting both the phone and laptop, it did not resolve the issue. I tried removing the phone's SD card then connecting it to the laptop... it did not solve the issue. Nothing seems to work, I know my laptop needs to install new drivers for the phone, but I can't figure out why Device Manager is failing to recognize the device when it is plugged in. Any insight or ideas?

You may find the information in this official website particularly useful, especially item #4. :cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans