Latest XBox Music Update Deleted Playlists

sakendrick

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
My Xbox Music recently updated on my lumia 1020, windows 8.1. After doing so, most of my playlists were gone - not all but most. I store all my music on my phone, none in the cloud. I connected the phone and used explorer to browse to the hidden playlists folder, and sure enough the old play lists are in there. All the ones that are not visible have a weird string of numbers/letters after the name, almost like a GUID. I tried renaming those in windows explorer - had lots of troubles renaming... like explorer would hang trying to do so, but some how one did finally rename, and it solved my problem.

Any idea what happened to these play lists or how to get them back?
thanks in advance

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Playlists also sync to the cloud. Did you try going to settings and turning on "Connect to streaming music?" I used that to get my playlists to appear after hard resetting my device. And if I remember correctly, once you play a "streaming" playlist, it's still accessible even after you turn off "connect to a streaming music."

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I did have the Connect to streaming music turned on. After looking at the play lists further, it seems the app doesn't follow the Modern Design UI entirely. I didn't notice the smallish type near the top of the PLAYLISTS page that says "Showing SD Card". I thought all my music was on the SD so I didn't give it a second thought. Well, it turns out that the words "SD Card" are green and the word "Showing" is white. I tapped on the green words and options displayed. I picked "ALL" and all my playlists displayed on my screen. So all is good.

Best Wishes

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise