Switched to Windows Phone, but......

AkArora

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

3 days back I switched to Lumia 830. Till now the experience so far with WP is, well, full of bugs.

Only after booting the phone. realized I cannot login into Microsoft account....searched and found out that can be solved by disabling automatic date...sadly didnt work. Updated to the latest update available, didnt work.

Had to hard reset. Fixed.

Now, after this, started using, apps installed.

Now the major bug, the apps cannot access wifi when in background/screen is locked.

Whatsapp, once on Wifi, screen locked, wont receive messages after 5 mins.
Viber, same and same with Skype. Messages are received only after the app is opened.

Strangely though, they work fine with data connection. And more strangely, even if data connection is ON along with Wifi they work well.

Did hard reset again, time consuming though but again the problem persists.

This seems to be a major OS bug, I know it will not be there in all the phones, but all these apps cannot have a bug at the same time.

If knows what is the cause or a possible workaround, please share.

Thanks in advance.

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Hello there. If you have warranty, use it to get new device, if not use ,,Windows Recovery Tool" like last resort.. Because it seem software problem, uncommon ones.
Best of luck, 830 is great phone!

AkArora

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Update -

After a lot of testing, I have found out that all apps are unable to acess Wifi in the background, except Outlook. I am receiving emails even when locked.

So, the hardware issue is ruled out. But still a wierd selective issue.

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
No problem for me.. Using Lumia 920 since half and a year. They always work even in background. Do you have battery saver enabled? Maybe, disable battery saver.

sent from my LUMIA 920

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
As others have said, bring it back, there are problems with that specific phone. My 830 has none of the problems that you are experiences

Update -

After a lot of testing, I have found out that all apps are unable to acess Wifi in the background, except Outlook. I am receiving emails even when locked.

So, the hardware issue is ruled out. But still a wierd selective issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss