Will Cortana be coming to other platforms?

no_android

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
cortana coming to other platforms

i feel Cortana will be available on other platforms like bandoid, ios and others very soon

what do ya think ??

Last edited:

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: cortana coming to other platforms

I think it will not be a good idea. Google Now and Siri are baked into their respective OS's. Cortana would be an app and therefor significantly handicapped from a competition perspective. I don't see how this would benefit MS, Android, or iOS. Maybe it would help BB if they have no assistant? I don't know about that.

Lee Power

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site

Cortana is Microsofts baby & will just keep getting better & more useful. Cortana needs to stay a Windows exclusive feature.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Windows exclusives are dead, Cortana will be on ios and android at some point or the other.

MysticForce

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
MCSFT is playing. They want to bring all their products to android and ios first.
I am WP user and that is not cool. Anyway MCSFT products should be best on WP and W OSs.

If Cortana goes to Android or iOS I am leaving WP.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

That is an old story, and was put to bed.

However there is another story (most likely click bait) floating around which is not official and most likely people just rumourmongering

Microsoft's Cortana is coming to iOS and Android | The Verge

Extract from Verge's own source:

"Later, Cortana will be available as a standalone app, usable on phones and tablets powered by Apple Inc's (AAPL.O) iOS and Google Inc's (GOOG.O) Android, people familiar with the project said". Emphasis on "people familiar with the project", these people could be anybody.

PratikMade

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Does Satya Nadella and Joe Belifiore even use a Windows phone? This thing that they are doing , making Cortana cross platform I don't like it. Windows phone is loosing it's uniqueness. The day Cortana arrives on other platforms. I'll be switching platform. Keeping hope on Microsoft is a total joke.

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

If this does happen then I think MS's strategy is really flawed. If its about making money, then they should even make Halo multiplatform.

If we're gonna have Cortana on Xbox on WP on PCs, then why exactly do we need them on android and IOS? If eventually this happens, I will actually move to Android. I mean I'm getting older, my allegiance to companies are waning. Cortana, at this point, is all I like about WP. If it moves to Android, then I will just move as well.

Rant over

Tareq27

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site

Was very sad reading This . My friend just sold his 1520 on eBay and Said The plateform is dead and he is moving to a better one . First i disagreed with him. But reading this article just made realize Microsoft itself knows that there is no future on WP . Maybe it is time to say goodbye

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site

I don't get the uproar over Cortana being cross platform. It makes no difference, nor does it mean the platform is dead.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Does Satya Nadella and Joe Belifiore even use a Windows phone? This thing that they are doing , making Cortana cross platform I don't like it. Windows phone is loosing it's uniqueness. The day Cortana arrives on other platforms. I'll be switching platform. Keeping hope on Microsoft is a total joke.

[]Seriously, use some common sense. This should not be a shocker, as its been the plan the whole time... and it makes sense.

How useful will Cortana on Windows 10 (PC) be to an iOS/Android user as it is right now? Not very.
Why would Microsoft limit such a great feature to nearly 100% of its users? It won't.

Rest assured, however, that Cortana on Android, and particularly iOS, won't be the same as it is on Windows phones because of their lack of access to core OS features.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)