Rogers Ativ S Developer preview 8.1 success

PapaJ2

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Just wanted to report that I have just got an unused Ativ S, locked to Rogers and successfully WDP'd up to 8.1! (unlocking was not required).

After 77+ pages saved and reviewed from this forum and elsewhere I tried the CSC route using the Diagnosis #numbers. Only Canadian Carriers returned - no ATO! Gave up on that!

So I took the plunge after reading some positive posts about WDP 8.1 success on Ativ S and that at March 2015 the WDP offerings are the same as the stable releases! I signed up for the WDP/downloaded the WD app and selected 'check for updates' from Settings.
After rounds of installs I am now on WP 8.1 - OS 8.10.14203.306/FmWr 2212.13.11.2 - and I report that after two days of exhaustive playing, everything works just fine, camera, apps etc and data/settings were preserved. Very smooth and no battery drain issue. Only precaution I took was to uninstall all Samsung apps before updating!

So, if you have an 'old' Ativ S here in the 'big C' and are getting frustrated at no official carrier 8.1 update (which I read is not coming) do the WDP update - better than wasting $$ on a new phone - and the Ative is a great piece hardware!

Hope this helps!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb