After about six months with Windows Phone I've finally managed to hit a wall - the app gap has reared its ugly head for the first time. A friend of mine who lives in China brought me a Xiaomi Mi Band as a little thank you for helping him proofreading a book. I'd love to use the fitness band but alas, I shall not - there's no Windows Phone App available for this particular piece of hardware. It works great with any Android Device or my wife's iPhone, since the necessary "Mi Fit" app is available for both Android (4.4+) and iOS (7+), but there's no app available for Windows Phone, no dice. Thus, my wife is now happily using my fitness band and I'm left behind.

Now I finally know what it feels like to be left behind...
    03-15-2015 08:09 AM
    Indeed but now you made your wife happy and that should "compensate" the feeling a little bit.
    03-15-2015 09:19 AM
    An app is there in beta right now. If you know Chinese and interested to participate in the beta, email to contacto@ dahrkael.net with your MS account.
    Here is the link of the app:
    http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/st...9-f6686d41b2d3
    03-15-2015 09:21 AM
    Oops
    http://m.windowscentral.com/miband-t...h-and-open-all

Now you have to get it back from your wife.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-17-2015 11:02 AM
    Yep there's been an update and English is now the default language. Check the article on the windows central news site from today.
    03-17-2015 11:27 AM
    or... get the master of all fitness bands, the one and only.. Microsoft band
    03-17-2015 10:24 PM
    Did you ever find a way to get the Mi Band to pair with Windows Phone? I have one and every time I try to pair it, it says "can't connect".

Thanks!
    04-01-2015 12:31 PM
    Nope, I gave up on Windows Phone and am returning to iOS. Also, my wife is rather reluctant to part with "her" Mi Band, which by the way works great with the iOS app, so I didn't really get the chance to try this thing at all.
    04-01-2015 01:18 PM
    Nope, I gave up on Windows Phone and am returning to iOS. Also, my wife is rather reluctant to part with "her" Mi Band, which by the way works great with the iOS app, so I didn't really get the chance to try this thing at all.
    wow....you bailed on windows phone for a $13 chinese fitness band? Or some other main reasons?
    04-01-2015 10:23 PM
    wow....you bailed on windows phone for a $13 chinese fitness band? Or some other main reasons?
    It's an actual good reason to leave. I left for a free app my work required me to use. The apps on IOS are better and updated more often.

The app-gap is real, I was an avid windows phone user since the first windows phone 7 came out. Also office is much better on iOS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-02-2015 12:40 AM
    Nobody has said the app gap isn't real. I know there are more apps on iOS (does this even need to be said its so obvious) but my word it is a boring and dull UI by comparison. Got all the apps I need right here thanks and I don't feel like a member of the iherd. To me there is a premium in not blindly following the flock.. Have been using smartphones for 4 years now as I was a bit late to the concept. Have tried android a few times (and even have one now as a secondary device) but 2 short months with an iphone 4S 3 years ago nearly put me in a coma so bored was i.. Enjoy your iphone but why come back here to make redundant comments? You on commission? ;)
    04-02-2015 01:06 AM
    Actually it's only a minor thing at this point because my wife won't give it up anymore anyway
    However, it's certainly one of the reasons.
    04-02-2015 01:12 AM
    Actually it's only a minor thing at this point because my wife won't give it up anymore anyway
    However, it's certainly one of the reasons.
    Since you've clarified your reasons for switching in the other thread, this thread is now closed.
    04-02-2015 01:15 AM