Windows 8 Default Program for Windows Phone

Desynthesis

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Is there a way to set the auto-run program for Windows Phone in Windows 8? The only program that did this, I found, was the Windows Phone app--which was fine, but inferior to the "Windows Phone for Desktop" program.

I uninstalled the Windows Phone app since I was tired of closing it every time I plugged in my phone--however, now I get the "Tap to Choose What Happens With This Device" menu asking what program of a list of four I want to have open it (including DropBox, Windows Media Player). How do you get Windows Phone for Desktop onto that list?

Windows 7 gave you the option to choose it, but I'm not seeing it for Windows 8.

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
If you reinstall that WP for Desktop program and then connect your phone to your PC but dont allow it to sync when it asks first time.

Desynthesis

May 12, 2014
Visit site
If you reinstall that WP for Desktop program and then connect your phone to your PC but dont allow it to sync when it asks first time.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I followed that and it doesn't seem to take (you still can't add it under Autoplay settings either...only the non-desktop app is available). Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb