A concept for combining hamburger and ellipsis menu

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
^I don't see why not, as long as the decision to scroll (as opposed to just making a taller menu) is left to the developer.

Farshadatis

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Thanks guys for your feedback. I know there are some UI problems right now because I just made this concept in one hour to show the potential of this menu. I can work on details later.
Don't forget to support the idea at uservoice site and share :)

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
More feedback:

Move the toggle switches to the right side of the screen, so as to optimize for one-handed use.

What would also be cool (but outside the scope of this concept), is a global option to mirror the UI elements so lefties get the same one-handed benefits.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
More feedback:

Move the toggle switches to the right side of the screen, so as to optimize for one-handed use.

What would also be cool (but outside the scope of this concept), is a global option to mirror the UI elements so lefties get the same one-handed benefits.

Funnily enough, I was thinking the same thing earlier today, an option which is displayed during the OOBE set up wizard where the user is prompted to confirm if they are right handed and left handed. This in turn would mirror the global UX elements except the back, windows [Home] & search keys, as it could make things messy as all flagships bar one (the region locked M8) have capacitive keys.

fluffyowl

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Funnily enough, I was thinking the same thing earlier today, an option which is displayed during the OOBE set up wizard where the user is prompted to confirm if they are right handed and left handed. This in turn would mirror the global UX elements except the back, windows [Home] & search keys, as it could make things messy as all flagships bar one (the region locked M8) have capacitive keys.

As a leftie I fully approve of this idea! Everything in WM10 is pushed to the right instead of it being in the center. :(

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
As a leftie I fully approve of this idea! Everything in WM10 is pushed to the right instead of it being in the center. :(

This is hopefully a sign of things to come for lefties with Windows 10 (920 Running Build 10149):

Currently right handed is selected hence why it is highlighted in my chosen accent colour (global).
wp_ss_20150707_0001.pngwp_ss_20150707_0002.png

When switched to left handed:

wp_ss_20150707_0003.pngwp_ss_20150707_0004.png

Snowy Nokia

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Personally I'd like to see our three Dot"..." To toggle hamburger menu to open/close.
Reasons: For one handed use.
I'm against swipe for hamburger, pivots still exists within the OS and native apps....just too much swiping.
It's familiar for windows 8.1 users to adjusting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb