07-10-2015 10:31 AM
27 12
tools
    I just designed a concept to combine hamburger and ellipsis menu in one drive app. What do you think?

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png
    Last edited by Farshadatis; 03-17-2015 at 12:00 AM.
    03-16-2015 11:48 PM
    I just designed a concept to combine hamburger and ellipsis menu in one drive app. What do you think?
    Kindly consider posting some screenshots or explain the mechanism, that would be useful to our fellow developers and they can implement it in their apps.
    03-16-2015 11:56 PM
    I added some screenshots, don't you see them?!
    03-16-2015 11:57 PM
    I like this idea. Well done!
    Kevin Rush and Farshadatis like this.
    03-17-2015 12:06 AM
    Great idea. You should post it on uservoice.
    :)
    03-17-2015 12:10 AM
    Thanks already done :)
    Kevin Rush and Ekmeet Singh like this.
    03-17-2015 12:12 AM
    made me think of UC Browser... But it will work.
    I prefer the WCentral post with Combined Pivot/Hamburger
    03-17-2015 12:18 AM
    This is the best idea as I was saying the same in one of the article and if u have put this idea in the uservoice page a will give all my vote for it.
    P.S if u have a uservoice page for this plz add the link!! 😊
    Farshadatis and Kevin Rush like this.
    03-17-2015 12:31 AM
    I added some screenshots, don't you see them?!
    Wasn't showing then maybe some problem with the app...
    But nice concept though...like it....although it would take time for developers to implement it sometime un the near future, it would be able to satisfy all those people how want hamburgers and then those who doesn't and the list goes on and on...
    Farshadatis likes this.
    03-17-2015 12:32 AM
    Thanks, I want to add the link but forum doesnt allow me to post links because I am below 10 posts :(
    03-17-2015 12:32 AM
    Thanks, I want to add the link but forum doesnt allow me to post links because I am below 10 posts :(

You can send me a PM and I can post the link here if you want!
    03-17-2015 12:35 AM
    Link for the uservoice :
    Vote for it guys...one of the best concepts if it can be implemented !
    https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/f...-ellipsis-menu
    a5cent, Kevin Rush and Farshadatis like this.
    03-17-2015 12:43 AM
    I actually think this is one of the best implementations.

Very easy to reach, very rich in content.

Looks very much like menus from 8.1.
    03-17-2015 12:46 AM
    I will be thankful if you share this idea in your social networks :) Thanks for your support
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    03-17-2015 12:54 AM
    oh that's very clever, I love swyping menus, hope Microsoft listens to this
    03-17-2015 10:34 PM
    Love it! This is brilliant!
    03-18-2015 08:04 AM
    Pretty good, also had a similar idea but your implementation is better!

Perhaps add icons to the menu section (I'm aware this is the same menu as the one drive app, just want to see how it looks for comparison :)) and utilise the space on the right a tad more if possible?

In the about screen the links are some what congested, they would need spreading out so you could increase the font size a tad bit so it is easier to read and tap otherwise I can see some people tapping two links at the same time.
    In the account screen, move the +add account a few pixels to the bottom and increase the font size a little.
    a5cent, Farshadatis and Kevin Rush like this.
    03-18-2015 10:05 AM
    Well, congratulations!

I think this is the best concept I've seen yet. If this allows me to switch between menu, options, accounts, and about by swiping left/right rather than tapping I think that might work really well!

I think this would also fit well with how touch office is already intended to work.

The best thing about this is that it removes the hamburger entirely and integrates a more powerful menu system into the ellipsis menu.

P.S. I would also support the suggestions TechFreak1 mentioned above.
    Last edited by a5cent; 03-18-2015 at 10:36 AM.
    03-18-2015 10:19 AM
    I prefer the WCentral post with Combined Pivot/Hamburger
    The combined pivot/hamburger is an insufficient solution that achieves nothing beyond unified cosmetics.

WCentral staff were probably out late partying when they cast their support behind that approach.

This thread explains why the combined approach doesn't actually solve a single one of WP's navigational UI problems (it brings us no farther than we already are with WP8.1):

http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...ml#post2996298

This concept represents a far better step towards a real solution.
    Last edited by a5cent; 03-18-2015 at 01:47 PM.
    920Walker, Farshadatis and teckris like this.
    03-18-2015 10:35 AM
    The combined pivot/hamburger is a terrible idea that achieves nothing beyond unified cosmetics.

WCentral staff were probably out late partying when they cast their support behind that approach.

This thread explains why the combined approach doesn't actually solve a single one of WP's navigational UI problems (it brings us no farther than we already are with WP8.1):

http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...ml#post2996298

This concept represents a far better step towards a real solution.
    Now i get it.. I also think that there can be Scrolling of options under each Section. that will give better size and readability...
    what you feel?
    Kevin Rush and Farshadatis like this.
    03-18-2015 10:58 AM
    ^I don't see why not, as long as the decision to scroll (as opposed to just making a taller menu) is left to the developer.
    Farshadatis and teckris like this.
    03-18-2015 11:05 AM
    Thanks guys for your feedback. I know there are some UI problems right now because I just made this concept in one hour to show the potential of this menu. I can work on details later.
    Don't forget to support the idea at uservoice site and share :)
    03-18-2015 12:08 PM
    More feedback:

Move the toggle switches to the right side of the screen, so as to optimize for one-handed use.

What would also be cool (but outside the scope of this concept), is a global option to mirror the UI elements so lefties get the same one-handed benefits.
    03-18-2015 12:35 PM
    More feedback:

Move the toggle switches to the right side of the screen, so as to optimize for one-handed use.

What would also be cool (but outside the scope of this concept), is a global option to mirror the UI elements so lefties get the same one-handed benefits.
    Funnily enough, I was thinking the same thing earlier today, an option which is displayed during the OOBE set up wizard where the user is prompted to confirm if they are right handed and left handed. This in turn would mirror the global UX elements except the back, windows [Home] & search keys, as it could make things messy as all flagships bar one (the region locked M8) have capacitive keys.
    a5cent, Kevin Rush and fluffyowl like this.
    03-20-2015 09:05 AM
    Funnily enough, I was thinking the same thing earlier today, an option which is displayed during the OOBE set up wizard where the user is prompted to confirm if they are right handed and left handed. This in turn would mirror the global UX elements except the back, windows [Home] & search keys, as it could make things messy as all flagships bar one (the region locked M8) have capacitive keys.
    As a leftie I fully approve of this idea! Everything in WM10 is pushed to the right instead of it being in the center. :(
    TechFreak1 and Farshadatis like this.
    07-06-2015 08:30 AM
27 12