A concept for combining hamburger and ellipsis menu

Ekmeet Singh

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
This is the best idea as I was saying the same in one of the article and if u have put this idea in the uservoice page a will give all my vote for it.
P.S if u have a uservoice page for this plz add the link!! 😊

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I added some screenshots, don't you see them?!

Wasn't showing then maybe some problem with the app...
But nice concept though...like it....although it would take time for developers to implement it sometime un the near future, it would be able to satisfy all those people how want hamburgers and then those who doesn't and the list goes on and on...

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I actually think this is one of the best implementations.

Very easy to reach, very rich in content.

Looks very much like menus from 8.1.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Pretty good, also had a similar idea but your implementation is better!

Perhaps add icons to the menu section (I'm aware this is the same menu as the one drive app, just want to see how it looks for comparison :)) and utilise the space on the right a tad more if possible?

In the about screen the links are some what congested, they would need spreading out so you could increase the font size a tad bit so it is easier to read and tap otherwise I can see some people tapping two links at the same time.
In the account screen, move the +add account a few pixels to the bottom and increase the font size a little.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Well, congratulations!

I think this is the best concept I've seen yet. If this allows me to switch between menu, options, accounts, and about by swiping left/right rather than tapping I think that might work really well!

I think this would also fit well with how touch office is already intended to work.

The best thing about this is that it removes the hamburger entirely and integrates a more powerful menu system into the ellipsis menu.

P.S. I would also support the suggestions TechFreak1 mentioned above.

Last edited:

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I prefer the WCentral post with Combined Pivot/Hamburger

The combined pivot/hamburger is an insufficient solution that achieves nothing beyond unified cosmetics.

WCentral staff were probably out late partying when they cast their support behind that approach.

This thread explains why the combined approach doesn't actually solve a single one of WP's navigational UI problems (it brings us no farther than we already are with WP8.1):

http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...lemented-universally-windows.html#post2996298

This concept represents a far better step towards a real solution.

Last edited:

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
The combined pivot/hamburger is a terrible idea that achieves nothing beyond unified cosmetics.

WCentral staff were probably out late partying when they cast their support behind that approach.

This thread explains why the combined approach doesn't actually solve a single one of WP's navigational UI problems (it brings us no farther than we already are with WP8.1):

http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...lemented-universally-windows.html#post2996298

This concept represents a far better step towards a real solution.

Now i get it.. I also think that there can be Scrolling of options under each Section. that will give better size and readability...
what you feel?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12