How do I restrict OneDrive from using mobile data?

zilog6502

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Restricting OneDrive from using mobile data.

Hi,

I've got a Lumia phone on Windows 8.1 Denim and a OneDrive account. Is it possible to just use the OneDrive app to browse files on my account and select manually the ones I want to download and upload to stop the application swallowing up my mobile data allowance?

Is there also any way of controlling individual apps and whether they can only have data access when I'm connected to wifi?

I have my email on push so want Outlook to keep getting my emails but don't want any other apps having mobile data access while I'm not in reach of a wifi network.

Thanks.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: Restricting OneDrive from using mobile data.

Yes, you technically can use just use the OneDrive app for backups, instead of using the automatic OS backup found in settings>backup.

You can restrict your background data in a sense by putting restriction via Data Sense, but bear in mind that you can't denote limits based on which apps are restricted.
A workaround may be to block apps from doing background tasks using Battery Sense, and placing your phone in Battery Saver while you are using cellular data. (You can also lift restrictions on apps whilst in there, too.)

JerseySal

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: Restricting OneDrive from using mobile data.

You can prevent OneDrive from working in the background in the Battery Saver app

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
actually this could be a good suggestion for ms to implement, an option to deny or accept wifi and/or cellular connecetion to every app in the Data Sense app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism