3 Bing/Cortana Features, dont know how they work

xJustiss

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
on the WP8 HowTo site there are 3 Features i would like to know, how they work: (sry im not allowed to post a link) :/
On WP Website -> HowTo ->wp8 -> Basics -> feature-and-service-availability
-----------------------------------------------

"Bing suggests is only available in the United States at this time. "
-> what is this, how does it work?

-----------------------------------------------

"Vision search. Depending on your country/region, Bing Vision can use your phone camera to do the following:
? Search for product information: France, Germany.."

-> i cant search for Productinformations since they dropped the Barcode Scanner out of Bing Vision, so how can i use it to search for it?

------------------------------------------------
"App Connect. Depending on your country or region, App Connect can show apps with the following:
? Place Information Quick Cards: Australia, France, United Kingdom, United States.
? Product and Movie Quick Cards: United States.
? Instant Answers: Australia, China, France, Germany..."

-> I know about the first and second one, but whats about Instant Answers?

Thanks for your help :)

Maureen Brooks

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
While your camera is open, tap the ellipsis (...) on the bottom of your screen so that your menu comes up from the bottom. Select lenses from this menu and your available lenses will be shown to you. On my phone, the Lumia 920, Bing vision is the first one. If you pick that, your barcode scanner / qr code reader opens up. Vision search, I haven't figured out quite yet though. I used to have an app on android called google goggles that did vision searches that was really cool, but I haven't encountered such a feature, or even an app like it on my last four windows phones..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes