Allow an app to always stay in memory: is it possible?

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Hello! Is it possible to allow an app to always stay active in memory? For example, I use LINE messenger a lot. I often have to "reload" it, as it doesn't resume. But when it is still in memory, it loads up right away and downloads messages instantly. Otherwise, it takes between 5-10 seconds to begin to resync messages. It's a pain!

So... is it possible to always have a specific app loaded into memory?

Thanks!

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Do you mean something like the setting sync "as item arrive" in your Microsoft Account in email+accounts?
But should that not already happening if you allow the app to run in the background but then again for Line it does not work.

Anyhow I do not know a setting for that but it would be a good question for the develops of Line.

Evronian

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I think he would like an option to allow the app to always stay in the RAM without getting closed or having to reload or "resume" every time he opens it. To the OP: I'm afraid there's no such option, I'm sure somebody in these forums would say that it's the developer's fault and the app doesn't support fast resuming, in my opinion the problem is that multitasking on WP is pretty much terrible, I mean, apps reload almost always.. Resuming them or launching them again from the tile is the same thing which makes multitasking useless.. Sorry for the rant, but that really annoys me..

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Does Windows phone 10 change any of that? Because it's kind of annoying... I've begun to notice how long it takes to load applications... Not very productive friendly.... :(

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Do you mean something like the setting sync "as item arrive" in your Microsoft Account in email+accounts?
But should that not already happening if you allow the app to run in the background but then again for Line it does not work.

Anyhow I do not know a setting for that but it would be a good question for the develops of Line.

No, that's not what I'm talking about. It's basically what +Evronian said. It's the fact that apps reload when "multitasking." For most apps I don't mind, but I wish there was a way to keep one app in memory always to avoid it... Arg...

Evronian

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Does Windows phone 10 change any of that? Because it's kind of annoying... I've begun to notice how long it takes to load applications... Not very productive friendly.... :(

I hope so, but I have no idea.. Maybe someone who tried out the technical preview knows better..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon