Windows emojis vs. others?

ByeVanno

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is the right form to post under if not just let me know but why is it that emojis on windows phone are different from android and IOS like I get we have a different design to it but they are completely different in most cases. I'm afraid to click most emojis because they usually end up being something completely different.

someone2639

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Actually they're the same, but a good rule of thumb is that, when you're picking an emotion, pick one that's less emotional. I know that most slightly annoyed emoji become crying ones 😢.

And to answer the overall question, they're the same Unicode value, and it's up to the company to decide what they look like

ByeVanno

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Well that's weird because I know I've like sent emojis that I thought was something like frowning but the person(iphone user) got something that was angry. I guess this could be down to me not paying that much attention but it's weird :/

Qais Abu-Hasan

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
True what you say , they totally differ from android and IOS the design is absolutely wrong , like this one 😒 it seems to be angry on Windows phone , but in fact it is like "I don't care"

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
what I hate is chats like whatsapp that replace all emoticons with their stupid designs, yea its weird when someone sends me that angry face without an obvious reason, where is that uservoice page?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923