Is there a way to charge amperage on Windows Phone?

peleekaiskardinaals

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Charging amperage

Hello!

Is there some way to see the charging amperage on Windows Phone?

I know there are apps that show charging speed in percentage, but I'd like to test multiple chargers to see the difference and seeing actual values would be more convenient.

Thanks!

peleekaiskardinaals

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Re: Charging amperage

I know that. But it doesn't mean that phone charges that fast. I'll give you an example.

I've got original 750mA charger and Sony 850mA one. It takes more than 12h to charge my Lumia by using Sony charger despite it being more powerful. That charger charges other devices just fine.

That is why I want to see how fast charger actually charges my phone.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I do not believe that there is an app to show the charging amperage.
If you really want to measure it you need to add a amp measure equipment to the charger so splitting the USB cable.

Last edited:

bajajchirag123

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site

so true..it is .I don't know y this happens. something similar happened to me as well. I used a power bank to charge my lumia 730 that power bank has 2 o/p ports 1 is of 1A and another one is of 2.1A using 1A port is fine but when I used 2.1A port I got a notification toast that my phone is charging very

bajajchirag123

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site

n if you r so curious to check the amperage then I have a trick . take a multimeter from a store set it on ampere reading on AC and connect it to the charger which is already plugged in to the socket. you will se the output reading of the charger on the multimeter display

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
nah I guess its just another wp limitation, I remember doing this and much more on my Symbian phones using "energy profiler" I could see very detailed graphs about energy consumption and such things in real time

Drew Neilson

May 30, 2015
Visit site
Is there any update on this? I too would like an app that'll show me what amperage my phone is receiving from various USB power sources, and also what amperage it is drawing from my battery at any given time.

Formula84

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Is there any update on this? I too would like an app that'll show me what amperage my phone is receiving from various USB power sources, and also what amperage it is drawing from my battery at any given time.

I just found that AIDA64 under battery shows charging rate in mW, looks like it updates in real time no history fresh value at least every minute or less. Pretty useful to see how the battery charge with different charges and cables.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre