My Messenger and FB aren't in action center, why not?

Santiago Bosco

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Messenger and FB arent in action center

Hi,

Before you start telling me that there are plenty of post about this issue, let me explain, please.

My problem is that nether Facebook (beta and non-beta, I tried bouth) or Messenger are in the action center. The problem with this is that I'm not receiving any notifications at all.
This apps where working good, there warent new installs.
so... In order to try to fix'em I...
Reinstall the apps
Restore my phone (twice)
Change the country region

I know what you're going to say now. "You have to receive a notification fot the first time so Windows Phone put it into the Action Center". Well, I have another phone (same model) to send me messages and post in my FB wall, but the notification never appeared.

The only difference with my two phones, is the OS version.
On the phone with the problem I'm suscribed to the developers program, and in the other, I'm not.

On the phone with this issue:
Model: Nokia Lumia 620
windows Phone 8.1 Update
OS version: 8.10.14219.341
Firmware: 3058.50000.1425.0002
Lumia Denim

Anyone with this problem???

freypal

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Messenger and FB arent in action center

Same here. My FB app stopped giving me notifications a few days ago. Tried soft resets etc and no good so i uninstalled and reinstalled. Like you it now no longer appears in my action centre and im still not receiving push or toast notifications.

I'm on carrier pushed Denim. Lumia 1020.

SenneVc

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site

I came here to ask te same question. I don't know about FB (I disabled the notifications, but live tile still works), but my messenger gave up after I factory-resetted my phone last weekend.
Messenger doesn't even show in the 'notifications & actions' menu.

freypal

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

I'd never used messenger till today after my FB app broke. Messenger Installed and worked fine though and appeared in action centre. Only Facebook that doesn't work for me....

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

All along I thought I was the only one having this problem. Same issue here. Over the weekend I did a reset and Messenger just doesn't notify me anything. No issues on FB since I really disable notifications for that but I use Messenger a lot. Just chiming in to see what developments will happen.

freypal

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

Ive also noticed my msn weather app live tile has stopped updating too. This seems to have happened around the same time and judging by the day and location its stuck on id say this all started around midday Friday (uk time).

Lucic Vladimir

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site

Same problem here with FB Messenger. I've even tested it on friends Lumia 930 and push notifications work well. But on mine Lumia ICON they don't. Even after full format of the phone, and after installing only Messenger, push notifications still didn't work. Can't figure out what's causing this :-/

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site

Go to Facebook app. Then go to settings. Then select notifications and pls check if your screen looks like the screenshot below.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20150323_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20150323_0001.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 6

Lucic Vladimir

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site

Yes...it looks exactly like that :-/ Internet connection is not a factor also. Whether I'm on WiFi or Cellular, the issue is the same. No Push notifications on Messenger :-/

saras112

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
In my opinion its a bug, and as long as facebook doesn't fix notifications won't be working for some people. I suggest to send feedback to facebook.

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site

Looks like it is fb's problem. I've stopped getting notifications sometimes last week, then started recieving 3 toasts for one message and now don't get notifications at all.

zhangief

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yup, I'm getting the same problem. I started having this issue after i did a hard reset and now there's no facebook messenger setting in the notifications + action menu.

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site

Also please check your battery saver setting. If facebook background task is set to off, phone will not show notifications. Attached is the screenshot.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20150324_0003.jpg
    wp_ss_20150324_0003.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 4

SL2

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
This is getting really annoying! It started last friday when I got triple notifications for each message in the action center, and then a couple of hours later I didn't get any notifications at all. Several app reinstalls and soft resets it still doesn't work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs