My Messenger and FB aren't in action center, why not?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Messenger and FB arent in action center

Hi,

Before you start telling me that there are plenty of post about this issue, let me explain, please.

My problem is that nether Facebook (beta and non-beta, I tried bouth) or Messenger are in the action center. The problem with this is that I'm not receiving any notifications at all.
This apps where working good, there warent new installs.
so... In order to try to fix'em I...
Reinstall the apps
Restore my phone (twice)
Change the country region

I know what you're going to say now. "You have to receive a notification fot the first time so Windows Phone put it into the Action Center". Well, I have another phone (same model) to send me messages and post in my FB wall, but the notification never appeared.

The only difference with my two phones, is the OS version.
On the phone with the problem I'm suscribed to the developers program, and in the other, I'm not.

On the phone with this issue:
Model: Nokia Lumia 620
windows Phone 8.1 Update
OS version: 8.10.14219.341
Firmware: 3058.50000.1425.0002
Lumia Denim

Anyone with this problem???

You (and everyone experiencing this issue) may want to send feedback to the developers of the Messenger and Facebook apps. There are options to do this within the apps themselves. Providing feedback to the developers may help them issue a fix for the issue.

My Messenger and Facebook apps are working as expected (notifications are received and they are in the notifications settings page). It makes me wonder what's going on with those devices that are experiencing this issue. Nonetheless, sending feedback to the developers would be a more productive use of our time than speculating would.:angel:

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Include me in this list... I have the almost same problem.

Messenger: don't get notification, no live tile...nothing.
Facebook: don't get notification, live tile works but only the bubble with the number, it doesn't flip anymore with info...

freypal

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I have got the odd counter appear on my FB live tile but that's it. Haven't had a toast notification or anything come to my action centre since Friday. Have submitted this through the app as a bug and posted on microsoft answers support forum and was told to;

uninstall app
turn off phone
turn on phone
turn date and time off auto to manual then back to auto
reinstall app

however, given that people here have hard reset i can't see this doing anything useful.

Oddly my FB messenger, Whatsapp, Wordswithfriends etc... all working as normal in action centre so i can only assume its a server side issue.... odd its only affecting some people though.

Im on a Lumia 1020 running latest Denim update that fixes the freezing bug.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I have got the odd counter appear on my FB live tile but that's it. Haven't had a toast notification or anything come to my action centre since Friday. Have submitted this through the app as a bug and posted on microsoft answers support forum and was told to;

uninstall app
turn off phone
turn on phone
turn date and time off auto to manual then back to auto
reinstall app

however, given that people here have hard reset i can't see this doing anything useful.

Oddly my FB messenger, Whatsapp, Wordswithfriends etc... all working as normal in action centre so i can only assume its a server side issue.... odd its only affecting some people though.

Im on a Lumia 1020 running latest Denim update that fixes the freezing bug.

Thanks for the info!

I've tried it with Messenger but it doesn't work.

Lucic Vladimir

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
It's definitely FB account problem. I've logged in with my friends FB account in Messinger on my phone (Lumia ICON) and push notifications work fine. But when I log in with my account, notifications don't work again.

Ivan Eftimov

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Same here ... Facebook and messenger stopped working after I upgraded to Denim. Other apps also stopped showing push notifications, like VK.
Oddly enough, skype notifications work :D.
I did factory reset 2 times ... no luck :(

SL2

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
My issues came after I updated Messenger to 9.1.0.0 last friday, I'm not sure that's the cause for it tho.

I updated to Denim on my 1020 long before that.

SL2

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
The only reason I updated was beacuse Messenger notifications stays on the lock screen even though I have cleared the Action Center, or seen the post on another device. I was hoping they had fixed that.

Having to open Messenger just to clear the Lock screen is incredibly stupid. It's not needed for any other apps like FB or SMS Messages.
Not getting any notifications at all is much worse tho...

Santiago Bosco

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site

You (and everyone experiencing this issue) may want to send feedback to the developers of the Messenger and Facebook apps. There are options to do this within the apps themselves. Providing feedback to the developers may help them issue a fix for the issue.

My Messenger and Facebook apps are working as expected (notifications are received and they are in the notifications settings page). It makes me wonder what's going on with those devices that are experiencing this issue. Nonetheless, sending feedback to the developers would be a more productive use of our time than speculating would.:angel:

Thanks for your interest gpobernard, I had feedback them as many of us and the only thing thatsleft to do is wait :(
Now the porpuse of this post is to all the people that are having this issue, not to feel alone :)

Resuming....

Apparently, its a FB account issue like Lucic Vladimir said.
Hard-resetting your phone will NOT solve the problem.
Re-installing the apps ALSO NOT solve the problem.

As a FB and Messenger user, you must send feedback to the developers, like gpobernard said in this quote. This is the only tool we have in hands to let the developers fix it.

Regards

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Apparently, its a FB account issue like Lucic Vladimir said.
Hard-resetting your phone will NOT solve the problem.
Re-installing the apps ALSO NOT solve the problem.
Regards

A little background on my case as I think it's not an account problem. I've 2 phones. A 1520 and a 925. Both cyan and then I got denim on 1520 last week. Hard reset on that as I make it a practice. Installed my apps clean and then I noticed Messenger not giving the notifications. Gave it a day but still none. Did another hard reset. Still the same. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Still the same. Gave feedback to developer. As a workaround I incorporated my FB account with IM+ so I could get messages. No issue with it as I get the messages without delay but it is thru IM+. I thought of installing Messenger on my 925 which is a backup phone so I don't have data there. I just connect it with wifi. The result? I'm getting notifications on my 925 but still not on my 1520. It's same account. Until now I have this setup with my 1520 getting messages thru IM+ and with Messenger still installed but not giving off any notifications while my 925 still has Messenger and it is not giving me any issues.

Santiago Bosco

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site

A little background on my case as I think it's not an account problem. I've 2 phones. A 1520 and a 925. Both cyan and then I got denim on 1520 last week. Hard reset on that as I make it a practice. Installed my apps clean and then I noticed Messenger not giving the notifications. Gave it a day but still none. Did another hard reset. Still the same. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Still the same. Gave feedback to developer. As a workaround I incorporated my FB account with IM+ so I could get messages. No issue with it as I get the messages without delay but it is thru IM+. I thought of installing Messenger on my 925 which is a backup phone so I don't have data there. I just connect it with wifi. The result? I'm getting notifications on my 925 but still not on my 1520. It's same account. Until now I have this setup with my 1520 getting messages thru IM+ and with Messenger still installed but not giving off any notifications while my 925 still has Messenger and it is not giving me any issues.

Strange it is...

Now I'm getting messenger notifications but with fb still waiting. I didn't change anything. :/

Lucic Vladimir

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site

LOL...Last night my push notifications in Messenger also started working again....didn't change a thing :)

AaronNanto

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
FB notifications are finally working again! I uninstalled both FB and FB Messenger, rebooted my phone, re-installed both apps and logged back in - now notifications are working for everything.

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site

Messenger notifications started working yesterday. FB notifications does work to some degree. I guess we can say it was servers problem, not on our phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo