04-08-2015 06:01 PM
40 12
tools
    Hi,

Before you start telling me that there are plenty of post about this issue, let me explain, please.

My problem is that nether Facebook (beta and non-beta, I tried bouth) or Messenger are in the action center. The problem with this is that I'm not receiving any notifications at all.
    This apps where working good, there warent new installs.
    so... In order to try to fix'em I...
    Reinstall the apps
    Restore my phone (twice)
    Change the country region

I know what you're going to say now. "You have to receive a notification fot the first time so Windows Phone put it into the Action Center". Well, I have another phone (same model) to send me messages and post in my FB wall, but the notification never appeared.

The only difference with my two phones, is the OS version.
    On the phone with the problem I'm suscribed to the developers program, and in the other, I'm not.

On the phone with this issue:
    Model: Nokia Lumia 620
    windows Phone 8.1 Update
    OS version: 8.10.14219.341
    Firmware: 3058.50000.1425.0002
    Lumia Denim

Anyone with this problem???
    03-22-2015 04:07 PM
    Same here. My FB app stopped giving me notifications a few days ago. Tried soft resets etc and no good so i uninstalled and reinstalled. Like you it now no longer appears in my action centre and im still not receiving push or toast notifications.

I'm on carrier pushed Denim. Lumia 1020.
    03-22-2015 04:25 PM
    just guessing here: maybe you installed a bad app that breaks facebook AND messenger?
    03-22-2015 04:30 PM
    I came here to ask te same question. I don't know about FB (I disabled the notifications, but live tile still works), but my messenger gave up after I factory-resetted my phone last weekend.
    Messenger doesn't even show in the 'notifications & actions' menu.
    03-22-2015 04:37 PM
    I'd never used messenger till today after my FB app broke. Messenger Installed and worked fine though and appeared in action centre. Only Facebook that doesn't work for me....
    03-22-2015 04:39 PM
    just guessing here: maybe you installed a bad app that breaks facebook AND messenger?
    I hard reset my phone, so if an app broke messenger and FB, this should fix it. But it does not. Thanks for your interest :)
    Last edited by Santiago Bosco; 03-22-2015 at 10:42 PM.
    03-22-2015 06:22 PM
    All along I thought I was the only one having this problem. Same issue here. Over the weekend I did a reset and Messenger just doesn't notify me anything. No issues on FB since I really disable notifications for that but I use Messenger a lot. Just chiming in to see what developments will happen.
    03-23-2015 12:13 AM
    Ive also noticed my msn weather app live tile has stopped updating too. This seems to have happened around the same time and judging by the day and location its stuck on id say this all started around midday Friday (uk time).
    03-23-2015 01:31 AM
    I have the same problem too
    03-23-2015 01:57 AM
    Same problem here with FB Messenger. I've even tested it on friends Lumia 930 and push notifications work well. But on mine Lumia ICON they don't. Even after full format of the phone, and after installing only Messenger, push notifications still didn't work. Can't figure out what's causing this :-/
    03-23-2015 06:50 AM
    Go to Facebook app. Then go to settings. Then select notifications and pls check if your screen looks like the screenshot below.
    Attached Thumbnails wp_ss_20150323_0001.jpg  
    Santiago Bosco likes this.
    03-23-2015 07:11 AM
    Yes...it looks exactly like that :-/ Internet connection is not a factor also. Whether I'm on WiFi or Cellular, the issue is the same. No Push notifications on Messenger :-/
    03-23-2015 07:54 AM
    In my opinion its a bug, and as long as facebook doesn't fix notifications won't be working for some people. I suggest to send feedback to facebook.
    03-23-2015 08:12 AM
    Looks like it is fb's problem. I've stopped getting notifications sometimes last week, then started recieving 3 toasts for one message and now don't get notifications at all.
    03-23-2015 08:17 AM
    Go to Facebook app. Then go to settings. Then select notifications and pls check if your screen looks like the screenshot below.
    I have the same settings :(
    03-23-2015 01:53 PM
    Yup, I'm getting the same problem. I started having this issue after i did a hard reset and now there's no facebook messenger setting in the notifications + action menu.
    03-23-2015 01:53 PM
    Same settings and problem. Ive sent a bug report mail through the FB app....
    03-23-2015 04:26 PM
    Also please check your battery saver setting. If facebook background task is set to off, phone will not show notifications. Attached is the screenshot.
    Attached Thumbnails wp_ss_20150324_0003.jpg  
    03-23-2015 09:59 PM
    Facebook app also set to Allowed, so it's not that....:-/ Anyway, thanks for trying to help.
    saras112 likes this.
    03-24-2015 03:38 AM
    This is getting really annoying! It started last friday when I got triple notifications for each message in the action center, and then a couple of hours later I didn't get any notifications at all. Several app reinstalls and soft resets it still doesn't work.
    03-24-2015 09:58 AM
    Hi,

Before you start telling me that there are plenty of post about this issue, let me explain, please.

My problem is that nether Facebook (beta and non-beta, I tried bouth) or Messenger are in the action center. The problem with this is that I'm not receiving any notifications at all.
    This apps where working good, there warent new installs.
    so... In order to try to fix'em I...
    Reinstall the apps
    Restore my phone (twice)
    Change the country region

I know what you're going to say now. "You have to receive a notification fot the first time so Windows Phone put it into the Action Center". Well, I have another phone (same model) to send me messages and post in my FB wall, but the notification never appeared.

The only difference with my two phones, is the OS version.
    On the phone with the problem I'm suscribed to the developers program, and in the other, I'm not.

On the phone with this issue:
    Model: Nokia Lumia 620
    windows Phone 8.1 Update
    OS version: 8.10.14219.341
    Firmware: 3058.50000.1425.0002
    Lumia Denim

Anyone with this problem???
    You (and everyone experiencing this issue) may want to send feedback to the developers of the Messenger and Facebook apps. There are options to do this within the apps themselves. Providing feedback to the developers may help them issue a fix for the issue.

My Messenger and Facebook apps are working as expected (notifications are received and they are in the notifications settings page). It makes me wonder what's going on with those devices that are experiencing this issue. Nonetheless, sending feedback to the developers would be a more productive use of our time than speculating would.
    03-24-2015 11:16 AM
    Include me in this list... I have the almost same problem.

Messenger: don't get notification, no live tile...nothing.
    Facebook: don't get notification, live tile works but only the bubble with the number, it doesn't flip anymore with info...
    03-24-2015 11:30 AM
    I have got the odd counter appear on my FB live tile but that's it. Haven't had a toast notification or anything come to my action centre since Friday. Have submitted this through the app as a bug and posted on microsoft answers support forum and was told to;

uninstall app
    turn off phone
    turn on phone
    turn date and time off auto to manual then back to auto
    reinstall app

however, given that people here have hard reset i can't see this doing anything useful.

Oddly my FB messenger, Whatsapp, Wordswithfriends etc... all working as normal in action centre so i can only assume its a server side issue.... odd its only affecting some people though.

Im on a Lumia 1020 running latest Denim update that fixes the freezing bug.
    03-24-2015 01:13 PM
    I have got the odd counter appear on my FB live tile but that's it. Haven't had a toast notification or anything come to my action centre since Friday. Have submitted this through the app as a bug and posted on microsoft answers support forum and was told to;

uninstall app
    turn off phone
    turn on phone
    turn date and time off auto to manual then back to auto
    reinstall app

however, given that people here have hard reset i can't see this doing anything useful.

Oddly my FB messenger, Whatsapp, Wordswithfriends etc... all working as normal in action centre so i can only assume its a server side issue.... odd its only affecting some people though.

Im on a Lumia 1020 running latest Denim update that fixes the freezing bug.
    Thanks for the info!

I've tried it with Messenger but it doesn't work.
    03-24-2015 01:29 PM
    It's definitely FB account problem. I've logged in with my friends FB account in Messinger on my phone (Lumia ICON) and push notifications work fine. But when I log in with my account, notifications don't work again.
    03-25-2015 07:12 AM
40 12