One Microsoft account, 2 devices for 2 different persons issues

LosArrogantes

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I dont know if this topic is for this part of the forum...

I had a Lumia 830, bought a Lumia 930 after 3 months en i gave the 830 to my wife...

We use the same Microsoft account because we allready use the same e-mail adress from outlook and we share the same agenda en contacts...

Now i found some isues after a couple of days of use and sharing...

1) I(Lumia 930) dont receive automatic updates or notifications that there is a new update ready for one of my apps...
I have to search in the store for the app that i have installed, with this way i have the possibility to update the app...
But this is not what i want...
My wife receive the updates in the normal way...
What can i do to this ?
At least, is there a possibility that my Lumia 930 receive the updates over my wife's Lumia ?

2) I had the Twitter app installed on my Lumia, but he fails always to update the app, i dont use Twitter but with this issue, i cant even uninstall that damn app....

I came from iOS and Android but felt in love with WP, but these issues makes me sick...
We dont want to have seperate accounts so thats not a sollution for us...

Anyway, allready thx for the sollutions! ;-)

Greetings

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I have 4 phones with the same account and they all get update notifications so I am 100% sure that item 1 has nothing to do with using the same account.
Did you check the settings in the STORE.
Go to store.
Tap the 3 dots ...
Go to settings.
There is a setting "Update apps automatically" did you set it to ON.

In battery saver app
Do you allow STORE to run in the background.

For item 2 do you get a failure code?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
And in action centre did you enable store notifications?
This is actual only to get the notification and has nothing to do with getting updates or not.

LosArrogantes

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
I have solved the Twitter issue...
I didnt know that i could stop the downloading or trying of downloading of this app so i have deleted it from the download list and that stupid app is gone... ;-)

Now, i went to windowsphone.com and i linked the phone number of my wife to her Lumia 830.
I did this because the tracking of this phone failed since we have the 2 Lumia's...
From now on we have the possibility to track the 2 phones, i hope that this was the sollution for the store problem also... ;-)

I keep you guys informed! ;-)

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Yes its filled in like that...

When updating the twitter app, i receive 80073cf9 as an error code...

For the twitter app see below for some methods.
How to fix Windows Phone Error 80073cf9Techanges
Now these are for making the update possible but after that you should be able to uninstall the app.
(and disregard number 3 because you have no SD card and number 5 is to "drastic").

For the not auto updating problem.
So auto update is enabled and you allows the STORE app in the background (battery saver).
I would also suggest to delete temporary files (storage sense) and a soft reset.
Actual the not set auto update and or not allowing the STORE in the back ground are the most "logic" causes.

LosArrogantes

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
Thx for the help! ;-)

But i figured it out for the Twitter app...
I canceld the download and when i canceld it, the app dissapeared in my app list... ;-)
So this problem has been solved! ;-)

For the store problem...
The auto update is not the problem, i want to receive notifications when there is an update availble...
I surfed to windowsphone site and i added the phone number of my wifes phone to here 830.
I did this because the tracking of that phone didnt work, and adding the phone number did solved that problem...
I was searching the web and a user with the same problem as me has got the sollution by doing this...

Ik keep you guys up to date! ;-)

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Thx for the help! ;-)

But i figured it out for the Twitter app...
I canceld the download and when i canceld it, the app dissapeared in my app list... ;-)
So this problem has been solved! ;-)

For the store problem...
The auto update is not the problem, i want to receive notifications when there is an update availble...
I surfed to windowsphone site and i added the phone number of my wifes phone to here 830.
I did this because the tracking of that phone didnt work, and adding the phone number did solved that problem...
I was searching the web and a user with the same problem as me has got the sollution by doing this...

Ik keep you guys up to date! ;-)

Good that you figured it out by yourself so I was to late::)

And let us know if the fix for notifications works.

There is by the way one maybe unexpected "side effect" if you use the same ms accounts on your phone.
If you in SETTINGS > backup > set enable "text message" for both phones text messages send to one phone will also turn up in the other phone. So a text message send to your wife will also end up on your phone in the messages (you will not get a notification but it "just" shows up in your messages)

LosArrogantes

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
Well, to connect a phone number to the 2nd device was the sollution for the store problem and tracking problem! ;-)
So problem solved! ;-)

For the message backup, thats something i directly discovered when i installed both phones, but mine will be backed up, my wife's phone doesnt need that! :p

Anyways, thx for the posts! ;-)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb