How do I stop the phone keypad from contracting during calls?

sdoca

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
How to Stop Phone Keypad from Contracting During Calls

Hi,

On my Lumia 820 running 8.1, when I'm on a call, the keypad "contracts" automatically and shows the call history list. I have to hit the "Tap to Expand" bar at the top of the screen to see the keypad. This is really annoying when I want to hit keys while on a call (e.g. voicemail menu items, auto-call attendant menu choices, turning on/off speaker).

Why does it automatically contract and is there a way to stop it?

I tried searching, but am not sure what terms to search on.

Thanks!

jontyfernz

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: How to Stop Phone Keypad from Contracting During Calls

Hi,

On my Lumia 820 running 8.1, when I'm on a call, the keypad "contracts" automatically and shows the call history list. I have to hit the "Tap to Expand" bar at the top of the screen to see the keypad. This is really annoying when I want to hit keys while on a call (e.g. voicemail menu items, auto-call attendant menu choices, turning on/off speaker).

Why does it automatically contract and is there a way to stop it?

I tried searching, but am not sure what terms to search on.

Thanks!

It's a problem with the screen.Try a screen guard and make sure there is no dust or sweat on the screen

srikanth reddy4

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

or may be ur trying to move ur phone between the ear and the mouth while talking(its a natural habit of many including me) and at that time ur screen is unlocked and ur face touches the screen or back button which resulting that....use a flip pouch instead....thats what im doing since it happened to me also

sdoca

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

That's it! I couldn't figure out how it was happening. Now I have to try and not hit the back button with my cheek...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99