Hi,

On my Lumia 820 running 8.1, when I'm on a call, the keypad "contracts" automatically and shows the call history list. I have to hit the "Tap to Expand" bar at the top of the screen to see the keypad. This is really annoying when I want to hit keys while on a call (e.g. voicemail menu items, auto-call attendant menu choices, turning on/off speaker).

Why does it automatically contract and is there a way to stop it?

I tried searching, but am not sure what terms to search on.

Thanks!
    03-26-2015 04:16 PM
    or may be ur trying to move ur phone between the ear and the mouth while talking(its a natural habit of many including me) and at that time ur screen is unlocked and ur face touches the screen or back button which resulting that....use a flip pouch instead....thats what im doing since it happened to me also
    Hi,

On my Lumia 820 running 8.1, when I'm on a call, the keypad "contracts" automatically and shows the call history list. I have to hit the "Tap to Expand" bar at the top of the screen to see the keypad. This is really annoying when I want to hit keys while on a call (e.g. voicemail menu items, auto-call attendant menu choices, turning on/off speaker).

Why does it automatically contract and is there a way to stop it?

I tried searching, but am not sure what terms to search on.

Thanks!
    It's a problem with the screen.Try a screen guard and make sure there is no dust or sweat on the screen
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-27-2015 12:48 AM
    or may be ur trying to move ur phone between the ear and the mouth while talking(its a natural habit of many including me) and at that time ur screen is unlocked and ur face touches the screen or back button which resulting that....use a flip pouch instead....thats what im doing since it happened to me also
    Laura Knotek and RumoredNow like this.
    03-27-2015 01:29 AM
    That's it! I couldn't figure out how it was happening. Now I have to try and not hit the back button with my cheek...
    RumoredNow likes this.
    03-27-2015 11:04 PM