Microsoft account sync issues?

Eustis99

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I had no idea where to post this forum so I guess this might be a suitable place? I have a 1520 on denim and noticed the other day I wasn't receiving emails. I went and did a Manuel sync and it gave me an error saying "we can't sync right now but you may find more information at The Smartphone Reinvented Around You | Windows Phone (United States). Error code 85002012" I have tried everything to fix this and can't find a solution. Anybody have a similar issue and ideas?

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I have been getting the error "Not up to date" on mine. I have been working with Microsofts help group and I think we are getting somewhere. I had it stay sync'd for an hour or so a couple days ago. We have narrowed it down to contacts or services connected to my Microsoft account. I removed Linked in and other social networks from my Microsoft account and that seemed to get it to stay synced a while. The help person also had me delete old contacts out of my contacts and had said that solved these types of issues for some.

Eustis99

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
It's so frustrating. I've noticed though that when I manually sync, I get the error but at the most random times some emails come in. Not all though

sharpycl

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
I am receiving the same error for 4 days now. I've tried everything I can think of. I'm currently trying a password change and when the phone finally asks for the new password I will see if that helps.

My Outlook Mail is the only service that won't work for me. It will work on any other device other than windows phone.

Otherwise I don't have a clue as to what is going on with my account.

For now I am using Maestro for email on my phone. Please let us know if there is any resolution to this.

Eustis99

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I've been in talks with Microsoft. I'll let you know if we come up with a resolution.

I am receiving the same error for 4 days now. I've tried everything I can think of. I'm currently trying a password change and when the phone finally asks for the new password I will see if that helps.

My Outlook Mail is the only service that won't work for me. It will work on any other device other than windows phone.

Otherwise I don't have a clue as to what is going on with my account.

For now I am using Maestro for email on my phone. Please let us know if there is any resolution to this.

sharpycl

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Eustis99,

I've also tried hard resetting the phone, the password change I mentioned either didn't work, and even my old 920 is having the same problem. It seems to only be affecting the phones not my web account or Mail on my laptop.

I hope Microsoft has a resolution for this.

Thanks again Eustis! :)

Eustis99

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Okay so here's the deal. I was using a lumia 830 with partial denim and upgraded to a 1520 which has full denim. When I upgraded I used the backup from the 830 which clearly has another firmware and it caused a corruption in the O.S according to microsoft. I reset my 1520 and started fresh and All is well, even runs smoother especially in the lumia camera app which actually lagged. I don't know your situation but if its similar to mine I would suggest starting fresh. Even if its different you should try fresh. I'm satisfied with the result.

Thanks Eustis99,

I've also tried hard resetting the phone, the password change I mentioned either didn't work, and even my old 920 is having the same problem. It seems to only be affecting the phones not my web account or Mail on my laptop.

I hope Microsoft has a resolution for this.

Thanks again Eustis! :)

sharpycl

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
I'll try again but I've started fresh without a backup and it hasn't worked. :(

I'll try flashing the phone and starting the OS from scratch.

sharpycl

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
It finally started working again for me. I didn't do anything different on my end but it finally started pulling email on my end.

Hopefully it's not an April fools prank :p

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Now I'm getting the same issue. This happened with my 920 twice and a combination of many hard resets and time fixed it. Im not doing this again. Im tire of Microsoft leaving people in positions that aren't fixing anything. Their forums show problems like this going back three years. Have them fix their sh*t or get them out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss