Microsoft account requires your attention?

jockopablo

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
Hello, all. At least once a week I get a notification on my Lumia 830 saying my Microsoft Account requires attention. When I tap the notification, it shows my Account + Email settings window with my main Outlook.com account showing it needs attention. When I tap that, it brings up First Name and Last Name fields and says it just needs a little bit more information from be before setting up my account.

My first name is pre-filled correctly, but the Last Name field is blank. I enter my last name, click Next, and it takes me back to my Account settings page and shows "Syncing" on my Outlook account and everything works fine. Then a few days later I have to repeat the process.

Any idea why this keeps happening?

Thanks.

jontyfernz

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Hello, all. At least once a week I get a notification on my Lumia 830 saying my Microsoft Account requires attention. When I tap the notification, it shows my Account + Email settings window with my main Outlook.com account showing it needs attention. When I tap that, it brings up First Name and Last Name fields and says it just needs a little bit more information from be before setting up my account.

My first name is pre-filled correctly, but the Last Name field is blank. I enter my last name, click Next, and it takes me back to my Account settings page and shows "Syncing" on my Outlook account and everything works fine. Then a few days later I have to repeat the process.

Any idea why this keeps happening?

Thanks.

Change the password and try

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Inspect all your profile information on the account via PC browser. Make sure the Outlook account associated with your phone is the main account and not an alias.

If it is an alias and that is how you want it; switch it to main for about 72 hours for the Microsoft servers to catch up, then switch it back to alias.

jockopablo

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
Thank you both. The account listed as primary on the web is the one that shows in my Microsoft Account on my phone, so I'll have to try changing the password.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos