Folders help, please

Gamely Lounges

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi. I'm on a 920 on ATT. My phone says it's version 8.1 and software is up to date. I just watched an old video dated April 2014 that showed on Windows 8.1 you are supposed to be able to drag a tile onto another tile in order to create a folder. This feature doesn't work for me. Does it work for you? What is required to have this feature?

Thanks,
Sam

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
You don't need Denim, that's the firmware. You do need 8.1 Update 1 though, I guess ATT haven't updated to it yet :(

Gamely Lounges

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
He is not on PFD so he definetly needs denim update bcz Lumia denim brought update 1......if we are on PFD its update 1

Thanks Srikanth. From your link it looks like I need to denim update.

I had lost track of updates but looking into the details now I am pretty surprised that this update, which has been out for a long time, is not available for my 920.

I think I recall someone saying they put the Rogers/Canada denim update on their ATT 920, but I can't find any links/threads. If anyone has a good link on that subject, please post it.

Thanks,
Sam

I've gotten a case of phone-boredom and need an update or something to spice up my life a little bit.

Full of features: Lumia Denim Update - Lumia Conversations

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I've had PFD for close to a year on my US AT&T 920 and have had no problems. I wouldn't even think about not using PFD or it's equivalent with Windows 10 for phones in the future.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Oops. I thought I saw denim available for 920 on Roger/Canada, but I was wrong.

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...ailability-in-north-america%2F&token=OiM7YSXP

Well, maybe I will do the Preview for Developers. Hmmmm.

I would do it now because the current stuff in the PD is relatively minor as well as mature and probably doesn't have the likelihood of wrecking anything, whereas the major jump going from 8.0 to 8.1 when it first dropped in the Preview caused some issues for some people.

srikanth reddy4

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Denim is NOT Update 1.
They are associated, but not the same.

AT&T has not updated their 920, or most other phones actually, so you are on just 8.1, so no folders.

I'd recommend you get onboard the Preview for Developers.

Yeah i know denim is not update 1 but for who are not PFD they should wait for denim to get update 1 that's what i meant

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Yeah i know denim is not update 1 but for who are not PFD they should wait for denim to get update 1 that's what i meant

Your statement was correct.

On the Microsoft site is stated Lumia Denim software update - Microsoft - Global

Lumia Denim software update

Featuring an improved camera experience, Live Folders and more. Oh, and say hello to Cortana.

I do not see anything on this site which clearly states that Denim is a firmware update and that update 1 is an OS update. Or that Denim is not update 1 but related to it.
They only say LUMIA DENIM SOFTWARE UPDATE.
And in one sentence the say "improved camera experience" (firmware) and live folders (update 1)
So LUMIA DENIM SOFTWARE UPDATE is what is says an software update and both firmware and update 1 are software.

srikanth reddy4

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Your statement was correct.

On the Microsoft site is stated Lumia Denim software update - Microsoft - Global

Lumia Denim software update

Featuring an improved camera experience, Live Folders and more. Oh, and say hello to Cortana.

I do not see anything on this site which clearly states that Denim is a firmware update and that update 1 is an OS update. Or that Denim is not update 1 but related to it.
They only say LUMIA DENIM SOFTWARE UPDATE.
And in one sentence the say "improved camera experience" (firmware) and live folders (update 1)
So LUMIA DENIM SOFTWARE UPDATE is what is says an software update and both firmware and update 1 are software.

I think this PFD is confusing many others and many are thinking that the lumia updates are only firmware updates

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo