Insteon disabled SMS alerts....

textomatic

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Got an email from Insteon today and it reads...

Push Notifications
iOS and Android apps now support Push Notifications for receiving alerts. Be sure to enable Push Notifications for the Insteon app by flipping the Push Notification switch under your mobile device's system settings.

As part of our support for Push Notifications, Insteon will be discontinuing support for SMS alerts. We endeavor to keep our promise of no monthly fees; switching to Push Notifications will provide you with a better alert experience and help keep the services we provide free of charges.

In the next release of Android and iOS, the ability to configure SMS alerts will be removed. Windows and Windows Phone will temporarily be limited to email alerts until an update is released to enable Push Notifications.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Insteon Support

Once again Windows and Windows Phone gets the short end of the stick. I'm tired of this BS. If you can't beat them...

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I bought Insteon products specifically because I thought they had a partnership with Microsoft, hell there is even a Windows Phone on the box.

At least they acknowledged Windows Phones and said this feature was under development. Last few times I've talked to there support, they basically told me that their Windows PC & phone apps suck and several times they advised me to use their products with iOS devices. "Sir, do you have an iPhone we can use to set this up with?"... "try an iPad"... "use iOS". **** them.

pipe7

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Some good news. Insteon and MS are joining up again to revamp things for Win10. Hopefully its a better effort than last time. I bought Insteon stuff thinking MS and them had a good partnership, but after my investment and realizing parts of the app were broken, and even more so now that SMS alerts ended and no update to Win app, it seemed apparently MS tossed some money at them to make an app then Insteon pretty much stopped caring - the typical story for WP apps. So anyway, I'm hopeful again. Although it will be a little while for the app obviously.
Insteon Drives IoT Innovation With Microsoft at Microsoft?s Build Developer Conference ? insteon.com

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I bought Insteon products specifically because I thought they had a partnership with Microsoft, hell there is even a Windows Phone on the box.

At least they acknowledged Windows Phones and said this feature was under development. Last few times I've talked to there support, they basically told me that their Windows PC & phone apps suck and several times they advised me to use their products with iOS devices. "Sir, do you have an iPhone we can use to set this up with?"... "try an iPad"... "use iOS". **** them.

Unbelievable but I called them Friday. Crazy. He admitted they are working on Push for WP but their management won't finish unless there appears to be the user base, hence the need for emails to support@insteon.com

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon