11-23-2015 01:21 PM
43 12
tools
    Is this the correct app and version?
    Lumia storage check beta | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Its still possible do download for manual install, would that work?
    Since it is removed from store you cannot install it any way
    04-11-2015 01:30 AM
    We really need to get the UserVoice going on this one to get Microsoft to allow putting maps on the SD card part of the OS.

I've added my 3 votes.
    https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/f...to-memory-card
    Dave47, Delta S4 and I3unny like this.
    04-17-2015 01:02 PM
    We really need to get the UserVoice going on this one to get Microsoft to allow putting maps on the SD card part of the OS.

I've added my 3 votes.
    Gave my 3 votes has well.. Thanks for sharing this link!
    Delta S4 likes this.
    04-17-2015 01:53 PM

I've added my 3 votes.
    Another 3 votes here.
    I3unny and Delta S4 like this.
    04-17-2015 03:08 PM
    ...and 3 votes from me
    Delta S4 and rhapdog like this.
    04-17-2015 03:38 PM
    That makes absolutely no sense. It allows you to move the app to card. If the card fails, so does the app, leaving your internally stored maps useless.
    Delta S4 likes this.
    05-01-2015 07:32 PM
    That makes absolutely no sense. It allows you to move the app to card. If the card fails, so does the app, leaving your internally stored maps useless.
    FYI, they talk about the maps not the app.
    But indeed if the maps are on the SD card and it fails your have a problem but then again that's the users choice.
    RumoredNow and Guytronic like this.
    05-01-2015 07:51 PM
    Fyi, it allows you to move the HERE apps to the card. A card failure means you no longer have use of the apps to access the maps. Reading comprehension isn't one of your stronger suits, is it?
    FYI, they talk about the maps not the app.
    But indeed if the maps are on the SD card and it fails your have a problem but then again that's the users choice.
    05-02-2015 12:55 AM
    Fyi, it allows you to move the HERE apps to the card. A card failure means you no longer have use of the apps to access the maps. Reading comprehension isn't one of your stronger suits, is it?
    First of all I agree that if you put apps or whatever on the SD card and the card gets corrupt you can not use them.
    (And that's why several apps have to be on the internal memory)

But the goal of this uservoice is that offline maps can be put on the SD card (again). The HERE apps like drive+, transit and Maps are about 200 Mb (so they use not that much space) but the ofline maps can be several GB.

So maybe my comprehensive reading is not my suit but at least I understand what the uservoice is about.
    Last edited by Harrie-S; 05-04-2015 at 02:33 AM.
    k72 and Blackadder_100 like this.
    05-02-2015 07:22 AM
    This is so far my biggest resent to the WP platform. Microsoft really messed this one up. And the option to store maps to SD card is available to android users, at least as far as I can tell from the internet posts. Honestly, this whole situation feels like a Monty Python's sketch. But I'm not laughing... I doubt many users of WP and HERE maps are.

Gave my three votes... For all that it is worth.
    05-08-2015 06:12 PM
    I have the xap file for this. Can it be side loaded in developer mode?
    05-10-2015 09:05 AM
    Has anyone seen anything further on this from MS?

Being unaware of this situation I reset a 1320 that I have, not happy with this development. Just recently bought a BLU win HD lte that will most likely get returned to Microsoft because of this.
    Delta S4 likes this.
    05-26-2015 10:31 AM
    An alternative solution can be to use the Navigon application. If you install that app to your SD card, it will download all of its maps also to the SD card - because it will belong to the app itself. But Navigon is unfortunately not a free app (as the Here App.)
    Harrie-S likes this.
    05-27-2015 10:48 AM
    While the Navigon app may be a viable alternative for some, it does have a pretty hefty price tag. The maps are harder for me to read and just don't have the contrast of the Here maps. You have to pay for map updates, then you get updates for only 2 years, and you have to pay again. I just can't pay that much to have to keep paying. Features are nice, but I don't use GPS often enough to make it worthwhile for me. If I had to do a lot of driving to different places on a regular basis, I'd probably get it though. Looks nice.

I had to do a reset recently, and have now lost my ability to save maps to the SD card as well. I am certainly hoping it will be built into Windows 10.
    Delta S4 and Blackadder_100 like this.
    05-27-2015 02:37 PM
    I had to do a reset recently, and have now lost my ability to save maps to the SD card as well. I am certainly hoping it will be built into Windows 10.
    Thanks for the heads-up and I'm sorry that you have lost that functionality. I now know that I must never hard reset my L720.
    A bad situation for owners of lower-storage devices.
    05-28-2015 07:03 AM
    I recently was able to move Here maps to the SD card on my son's new Lumia 530 (running Cyan, version 8.10.12400.899) without using Lumia Storage Check Beta. I couldn't use Lumia Storage Check Beta, because Microsoft has removed it. Here is the procedure as a remember it; unfortunately, I didn't write it down. This procedure may only work on Windows Cyan. I haven't been able to get it to work on Denim, see below.

1. Download Storage Sense if you don't have it.
    2. In Storage Sense, I set everything to be stored on the SD card. However, you may only need to set "store new apps on my SD card" and "Store new downloads on my SD card."
    3. In believe I went through Storage Sense and tapped on the "phone" memory, scrolled down and tapped on "maps."
    4. In maps, I tapped on "manage" and tapped on "delete history" and then tapped on "download maps."
    5. Hit the "..." in the bottom right hand corner and tapped on "delete all maps."
    6. Got out and then uninstalled both Here Maps & Here Drive. I would also suggest deleting other Here apps that use maps.
    7. In Storage Sense, I tapped on the "phone" memory and scrolled down to "maps." It indicated that 0 bytes are stored in maps. I think this is key. I don't think this will work if you can't get this down to 0 bytes. Try deleting all maps again and the history. I think if the program used to download and install the maps cannot find any maps on the Phone memory and you have set "apps" and "new downloads" to the SD card it will put the new maps on the SD card.
    8. I may have restarted the phone at this point, but I don't remember
    9. Downloaded Here Maps and Here Drive. These will be stored on SD card.
    10. In Storage Sense, tap on "SD Card", scroll down and tap on "maps." and then tap on "manage."
    11. Download one map and use Storage Sense to check that the map is stored on the SD card and not in the phone memory.
    12. If it works, then download the other maps.

I have successfully downloaded all of the USA, Canada, and Mexico (5.9GB) to the SD card on my son's Lumia 530, which only has 4GB of phone memory.

However, I have not been able to do the same thing on my dad's new Lumia 640 XL (running Denim I think). I have tried multiple times. The main difference other than the Windows version is that after I delete Here Maps and Here Drive and all the maps and history, Storage Sense indicates that there is anywhere between ~60 kbytes and ~5.5 Mbytes of maps stored in the phone memory. When I download any maps it puts them in the phone memory; even though, Here Maps and Here Drive are stored on the SD card.

This is very frustrating. I wish Microsoft or whoever is developing the Here map programs will fix this issue. It makes downloading maps almost useless. Also since this method seems to be broken in newer versions of Windows, I have disabled automatic updates. I don't want to lose this feature.
    06-20-2015 08:46 PM
    I'm trying on Lumia 532 and even if the Maps on Phone in the Storage Sense says 0, after installing properly Here Maps and Drive on SD when I go on SS, SD, Maps, Manage and try to install a map it goes on the phone instead.

The strange thinks is that when downloading at certain % it stops and say it can connect to the store, after I go in SS looking for Maps both on Phone and SD and I found the MBs on the Phone side...

Damn!!!!!
    08-31-2015 01:02 PM
    Do not follow the above advice if you have lumia 640. I did it and I lost Here Maps and Here drive. You cannot install the apps back from the store. Apparently these two apps are on their final leg. They come with the firmware, but then if you uninstall it you lose the ability to get them back. Suffice to say that the maps never got to the SD card. I had to reset my phone to get back the HERE Maps and HERE drive.
    Phone: Lumia 640 with Denim operating system, OS version: 8.10.15148.160
    11-23-2015 01:21 PM
43 12