Lumia storage check beta not available for download anymore?

Brenzef

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue.
Can't install Lumia storage check beta on my new Lumia 730.
And since the 730 only has 8GB of RAM it's logical to install maps on the SD card.
I hope this will be solved soon since this it's MUST for me to have map data on the SD card.

Blackadder_100

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue.
Can't install Lumia storage check beta on my new Lumia 730.
And since the 730 only has 8GB of RAM it's logical to install maps on the SD card.
I hope this will be solved soon since this it's MUST for me to have map data on the SD card.
Completely agree...hope this is resolved in Win10 or my L720 will be staying firmly in 8.1 land...

bstrunk

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
That makes absolutely no sense. It allows you to move the app to card. If the card fails, so does the app, leaving your internally stored maps useless.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
That makes absolutely no sense. It allows you to move the app to card. If the card fails, so does the app, leaving your internally stored maps useless.

FYI, they talk about the maps not the app.
But indeed if the maps are on the SD card and it fails your have a problem but then again that's the users choice.

bstrunk

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Fyi, it allows you to move the HERE apps to the card. A card failure means you no longer have use of the apps to access the maps. Reading comprehension isn't one of your stronger suits, is it?
FYI, they talk about the maps not the app.
But indeed if the maps are on the SD card and it fails your have a problem but then again that's the users choice.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Fyi, it allows you to move the HERE apps to the card. A card failure means you no longer have use of the apps to access the maps. Reading comprehension isn't one of your stronger suits, is it?

First of all I agree that if you put apps or whatever on the SD card and the card gets corrupt you can not use them.
(And that's why several apps have to be on the internal memory)

But the goal of this uservoice is that offline maps can be put on the SD card (again). The HERE apps like drive+, transit and Maps are about 200 Mb (so they use not that much space) but the ofline maps can be several GB.

So maybe my comprehensive reading is not my suit but at least I understand what the uservoice is about.

Last edited:

Delta S4

May 7, 2015
Visit site
This is so far my biggest resent to the WP platform. Microsoft really messed this one up. And the option to store maps to SD card is available to android users, at least as far as I can tell from the internet posts. Honestly, this whole situation feels like a Monty Python's sketch. But I'm not laughing... I doubt many users of WP and HERE maps are.

Gave my three votes... For all that it is worth.

sequoia464

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone seen anything further on this from MS?

Being unaware of this situation I reset a 1320 that I have, not happy with this development. Just recently bought a BLU win HD lte that will most likely get returned to Microsoft because of this.

szemi

May 27, 2015
Visit site
An alternative solution can be to use the Navigon application. If you install that app to your SD card, it will download all of its maps also to the SD card - because it will belong to the app itself. But Navigon is unfortunately not a free app (as the Here App.)

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
While the Navigon app may be a viable alternative for some, it does have a pretty hefty price tag. The maps are harder for me to read and just don't have the contrast of the Here maps. You have to pay for map updates, then you get updates for only 2 years, and you have to pay again. I just can't pay that much to have to keep paying. Features are nice, but I don't use GPS often enough to make it worthwhile for me. If I had to do a lot of driving to different places on a regular basis, I'd probably get it though. Looks nice.

I had to do a reset recently, and have now lost my ability to save maps to the SD card as well. I am certainly hoping it will be built into Windows 10.

Blackadder_100

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I had to do a reset recently, and have now lost my ability to save maps to the SD card as well. I am certainly hoping it will be built into Windows 10.
Thanks for the heads-up and I'm sorry that you have lost that functionality. I now know that I must never hard reset my L720.
A bad situation for owners of lower-storage devices.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos