Why doesn't music show up in the One drive music app on Windows phone 8.1?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
One drive music on Windows phone 8.1

So with the new one drive music feature, I added two songs to the folder to test it out..

It shows up on the web browser.

It shows up in the music app in Windows 8.1

It shows up in the music app in Windows 10 TP 10049

It shows up in the music preview app released in Windows 10 10049

Why doesn't it show up in the music app in Windows phone 8.1?

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: One drive music on Windows phone 8.1

If the streaming music is enabled and it still does not show up, Try to just play or download any other song. Sometimes that kick starts the service to start updating everything.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I have played the songs. But when I go to settings in the app that streaming option is not there. Not sure if its cuz Im not in the us 😢

But it works in the other apps so what's the problem 😞

isi mcf

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site

When your choose artist or album, so you have the option switch to streaming and not phone or SD card. It should just below the artist headline or album headline

Tonio78

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

Just for fun I uploaded two albums to OneDrive but only one showed up. Found out it was a Tag problem. The Album Artist field was blanc... Once I filled, I found the second album on my new and stunning Lumia 930.

Hope this helps

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I don't think its a tag problem as the music plays fine in the windows 8.1and windows 10 music app. Just not the windows phone 8.1 app. I have tried the streaming and all option in the app as well.

Tonio78

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site

Please check your tags as it was the same for me: fine on Desktop and Portable computer, 8.1 and 10 preview, just one album on the phone...

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

I don't think its a tag problem as the music plays fine in the windows 8.1and windows 10 music app. Just not the windows phone 8.1 app. I have tried the streaming and all option in the app as well.

It is a tag thing. You'll probably find it is all under "unknown artist". Get "mp3tagit" and make sure you have the info saved as id3 v2.3 (NOT 2.4).

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Shrug.
Doesn't work and the file is saved as id3 v2.3

I also noticed that I do not have this setting :
music-settings.jpg

My theory? It's because I'm not in the U.S

In the music app on the desktop the app does not sign in my Microsoft account because it does not support my region.... So the music plays because it's still connected to my one drive.

On the windows phone app however, you can't sign out. You're always signed in so it recognizes my account as an unsupported region.

Microsoft needs to update the app so I can sign out. 95% sure it will work after that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes